• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope help, un%$%k me

Kabulpostie

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2011
Bellingham, WA
I have a Tac-Ops Tango 51 .308 on order, this is going to be the one and only be all and end all nice thing I have and I need a scope. I would like to have it capable of going to 1000 or more. Primary use is range but also a hunting rifle. These are the features I think I want/need:
1.FFP
2.3 to 5-12+magnification
3.If possible smaller than 50mm objective lens as I think it will look better-stupid idea?
4.Mil/Mil
5. I think I would want an illuminated reticle as it will spend most of the time at lower magnifications and I have read reticles in FFP can be hard to see.
6. zero stop-try and idiot proof the scope
So far these are the choices I have come up with:

Leupold ER/L 4.5-14 x 50 (no illumination that I can see, no zero stop)
Bushnell Elite tactical 2.5-16 x 42 or 3-12 x 44 ( no zero stop)
NF F1 or NXS 3.5-15x 50-I'm not actually sure of the difference

So far it looks like the NF has all the things I want, but it's rally about $700 more than I would like to spend $1500 is my ceiling at this point. Am I missing and good options and are any of my "wants" not worth it vs. my needs for this price?
Any help would be appreciated as I have read almost every post on the hide and am about to the point of pulling my hair out with this.
Cameron

Re: Scope help, un%$%k me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NF F1 or NXS 3.5-15x 50-I'm not actually sure of the difference</div></div>F1 is FFP, NXS is SFP

Bushnell's new HDMR is supposed to be a great scope for around $1350. Its 3-21x50, FFP and locking turret, no zero stop

You can use the Google SnipersHide search engine on the right side of the screen under the shoutbox. Enter just about any scope you can think of and threads will come up for it.

I just ordered one with the new GAP G2 reticle

Here are a few threads about them

HDMR with GAP G2 ret

HDMR G2 review

HDMR with Horus H58 ret

Read through those threads, lots of info and a video review of tracking and return to zero in the G2 ret link.

If you watch the Optics for sale section close and have your money ready you might find a used mil/mil Nightforce F1 with Zero Stop and illumination that will be right at the limit of your price range. They usually sell quick though, because those options are hard to find in a used scope right now. Actually that scope on here, used will probably be more like $1600 shipped, if you find one.

You can get a very clean used NXS NF with high speed turrets and zero stops for under budget. You just have to be ready to buy when one comes up. They come up pretty often and sell fast.

Thanks for the help, I am still getting used to the search function, I find a lot of times I'll put in a subject and receive no hits for stuff that I know there threads on...user error I know. I appreciate the patience and experience guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a very clean used NXS NF with high speed turrets and zero stops for under budget. You just have to be ready to buy when one comes up. They come up pretty often and sell fast. </div></div>Thats true ^

If you do want FFP though it will be harder to find and a lot harder to be first on it and probably right at your budget.

I saw this scope for sale and clicked on it to pm you the link to it in case you were seriously still looking. Problem is it sold in about 20 mins. Like I said, you will have a hard time finding exactly what you want in your price range, much less being the first to post "I'll take it".

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">3.5-15 NF F1 W/ HS AND ZERO STOP</span> <-- LINK
<span style="color: #CC0000">$1850.00</span> plus shipping

Haha now I just realized that you were the first one to post in the thread "PM sent". Someone right behind you posted "I'll take it" so you better have your ducks in a row if you want it.

Good luck getting it.

+1 on the Vortex. I think you will be surprised a clear the glass is? And you get all your features your looking for. Also the best warranty in the industry!