• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Help

Skylvia

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2021
North Carolina
Ok gonna go ahead and ask it even though I know it's a personal choice. I am having a new 6 BRA built and I have went with all top-level parts on this rifle. Impact action, Bartlein mod 400 barrel, Impact ace brake, Foundation stock, Area 419 weighted arca rail and a ckye pod. Mostly because I just wanted to buy myself what I feel is the best and yes that's a personal opinion. What I am looking at now and struggling with is the optic. I currently shoot a Gen 2 razor and it's Aight... I am torn between really only the first 2 here but am considering the third

Nightforce ATAC-R 7-35 Mil Xt Reticle

Leupold Mark 5 HD 7-35 PR2 reticle

Bushnell XRS 3 G4 Reticle.

Opinions on those 3 and why you like them.
I don't want any other scope those are the 3 I am considering and the Bushnell is a distant 3rd

I've got a Mark 5 and I absolutely love it, zero complaints. Just curious though, any reason you're not considering ZCO?

I've got a Mark 5 and I absolutely love it, zero complaints. Just curious though, any reason you're not considering ZCO?
I can give you 3700 reasons why lol, I am not a good enough shooter to warrant that kind of money when its not 2 times better its a little better than the others not 1500 dollars better.

Reactions: waveslayer
I can give you 3700 reasons why lol
Fair enough haha. I just figured the ATACR was pretty close in price when I've looked at it. I think you'll be happy with the a Mark 5. The XRS3 looks really compelling but I'm personally waiting for some third party reviews.

Fair enough haha. I just figured the ATACR was pretty close in price when I've looked at it. I think you'll be happy with the a Mark 5. The XRS3 looks really compelling but I'm personally waiting for some third party reviews.
I can get an atacr for about 300 over the cost of leupold mark 5 thats only reason its on the list

Personally, I admit to being a scope snob. They say that is the first step. The ATACR is the way to go, if you are are throwing lead further than you can yell. The 7-35x is very popular with folks shooting beyond 1,200 yards, and those well within. That said, Leupold does not make a bad scope. Unlike other brands that go from day old coffee to brandy, every Leupold you pick up will pass the test. The Mark 5HD is a solid scope. For some reason, when you add illumination, the price does not go up, it jumps.

When you start looking at scopes, you have to love the reticle. Leupold makes solid reticles that are hard to ever hate. I hate some reticles. Not Leupold. Nightforce, and a few other brands, have reticles that appeal to me. They sing music and make blades of grass dance at 1,000 yards. The reticles are clean, crisp, uncluttered.

You mentioned another brand. It is just not in my wheelhouse. I know they make some respectable scopes, but I have never found a reason to choose a Bushnell. Scopes get very personal, and someone will take issue with my opinion. That's okay. I can find a Steiner or a Leupold or a Nightforce or a Vortex or a Trijicon or even a Sig Sauer that plays in the same ballpark as Bushnell, so I never go there. I have been behind a few Bushnells, and do not hate them, just never found a reason to choose one.