• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

scope levels... all created equal?B

par0thead151

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
im in the market for a scope level to compliment my S&B 5X25 scope. I was looking at the 'Accuracy 1st' one.
how does this stack up against the rest?
Black_Scope_Level.png

thanks

Re: scope levels... all created equal?B

I probably wouldnt buy that one because it kinda looks retarded...but in the same instance a bubble level is a bubble level..as long as its in the middle, should probably be center :|

a level is a level.... they range from 16$ to 100+$
that said, extra cash gets you 2 things fetures and a name... only 1 of those things is important...

Check out Flatline Ops. I use their levels and like them very well. I like how they can be flipped to the side or straight above centerline.

The ones with the bead in them are definately more accurate than those with a bubble. Meaning that the bead will move will move with fewer degrees of cant, that a bubble will.

Actually from what I have experienced a bubble is not a bubble. I have a Holland on my bolt gun and its awesome. I got a Vortex PST for my AR so I decided I would just get a matching Vortex bubble but it turned out to not work so well for me. The bubble kept getting stuck to the side and wouldn't line up center a lot of the time. I returned it and got another Holland.

I second the Flatline Ops models. I have a few, and they are awesome. I like that you can adjust the level with set screws even after you install it on the gun.

I have 2 US Optics and was happy with them till I got the Flatline Ops folder. More money but....NICE!

Of the units I've used, I prefer the Accuracy 1st. Its very accurate and positioned where it is easy to see with peripheral vision while you're behind the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually from what I have experienced a bubble is not a bubble. I have a Holland on my bolt gun and its awesome. I got a Vortex PST for my AR so I decided I would just get a matching Vortex bubble but it turned out to not work so well for me. The bubble kept getting stuck to the side and wouldn't line up center a lot of the time. I returned it and got another Holland. </div></div>

+1 for Holland
Ive got 2 of them 1 scope mount and the folding pic mount

I seem the prefer the scope mount for some reason.
I guess its the location of it in my line of sight.

To me, Accuracy 1st is:

1. Easier to see quickly as my eyes pick up the ball quicker than a bubble
2. More precise as the movement of the ball is more "fluid" than a bubble
3. More consistent since the ball isn't affected by recoil as much

I started getting my USOs with my level inside the reticle. I'll never go back to an external.

Good luck,
Merritt

I have the Accuracy 1st on my AW, and it's easy to see the ball without shifting my position behind the rifle. It doesn't interfere with rifle handling or get in the way. Installation and careful leveling took about 45 minutes. It's surprising how terrain can mess with your sense of what's level ;-)

I plan on keeping it until I swap out the SS 5–20x50 on that rifle for a USO with an internal level, but that's going to be some time from now…

Us optics swivel level is awesome! I have several! also the internal level is great as someone here had mentioned!