• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Scope Measurement Please Ares ETR

alnkal00

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2011
Oldsmar,FL
Looking for Measurement from Bottom of Erector housing to middle of Tube for a Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56
Would like to drop an order today and just need to make sure which MPA Unimount I need to throw in the cart

We should have a pinned list
I know MPA has one but that’s a short list
If we all contribute to the list it would make things easier for all of us when we need it.

Just a thought

Why that measurement? I’d be more concerned with the objective clearance. There is a formula that is in a pinned comment in the scope section that solves it.

Why that measurement? I’d be more concerned with the objective clearance. There is a formula that is in a pinned comment in the scope section that solves it.
Because it’s a Unimount
I need to know how much room there will be between bottom of erector housing and the base of the mount so the scope will actually fit in the mount

Because it’s a Unimount
I need to know how much room there will be between bottom of erector housing and the base of the mount so the scope will actually fit in the mount
Right but if the objective clears the bottom of the turret surely will. It would have to be an absolutely huge erector assembly to go lower than a 56mm objective. I also have never seen any modern unimount mount or rings where the erector assembly is the critical clearance issue.
are you trying to get the absolute lowest mount possible or some reason? What are you mounting it on?

Even the spec sheet shows this

IMG_0169.jpeg

Right but if the objective clears the bottom of the turret surely will. It would have to be an absolutely huge erector assembly to go lower than a 56mm objective. I also have never seen any modern unimount mount or rings where the erector assembly is the critical clearance issue.
are you trying to get the absolute lowest mount possible or some reason? What are you mounting it on?
MPA pmr pro 2
The new version w/Arc cdg, built in 20moa rail and a MPA match bbl which is larger then the m24 it used to come with

I do prefer low as possible
If needed I’ll run a scope cover instead of rings

Just following MPA’s instructions for finding correct Unimount height

Im pretty sure it’ll be either 1.06 or 1.125

I run rings on my custom but this is a first with a Unimount

MPA pmr pro 2
The new version w/Arc cdg, built in 20moa rail and a MPA match bbl which is larger then the m24 it used to come with

I can’t imagine there being an issue. Again I would just make sure that a mount that low will allow the objective to clear the barrel

MPA pmr pro 2

I wouldn't go below 1.125" just for comfort behind the scope. This is a 56mm scope in 1.125" mount and the scope cap has about .1" between the barrel. I actually just moved this to a 1.250" height. Low as possible is an old hunter way of setting up a scope. Being comfortable behind it is much more important.

IMG_4160a.jpg

I wouldn't go below 1.125" just for comfort behind the scope. This is a 56mm scope in 1.125" mount and the scope cap has about .1" between the barrel. I actually just moved this to a 1.250" height. Low as possible is an old hunter way of setting up a scope. Being comfortable behind it is much more important.

View attachment 8421743
Thank you brother I appreciate the info
As far a low goes I only shoot targets and always prone but I will keep what you said in mind
I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to try 1 size up
to 1.250”

Reactions: Rob01