• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mount for AR

2brothers641

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
IA, USA
I need to get a scope mount for an AR. Most of my firearms and accessory purchases are middle of the road price wise (Vortex, Leupold, ect.) Definitely nothing low end, firm believer in buy once cry once. Looking for something 30mm, quick release, good quality. My research has showed $80-$200, with most right around the $200 mark. What's the preferences over Bobro, Vortex, American Defense, ect. No cant need, its going to house a viper pst 1x4 more than likely. Thanks for your help, and let me know if there is something I'm missing.

Re: Scope mount for AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin7714</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue SPR is nice </div></div>

+1

Bobro is my favorite, but it is the most expensive. Self adjusts to any rail, very easy to operate. Bobro has never failed to return to zero for me......

I believe ADM gives the best performance for the $$$. I do like it better that Larue, because it doesn't require any tools to adjust, and it is a bit cheaper.

I've owned all 3 brands, and now I have 2 Bobro's, and 1 ADM.

I have a LaRue LT104 SPR mount with a Burris 1-4 and a ADM recon with a Vortex Razor and both are great mounts. The LaRue mount allows for more fine tuning of just how tight it holds to the rail but the ADM can be adjusted without a wrench. Both RTZ great and I would buy either again any day.

From what I've heard and read, the Larue mounts have or had a tendency to gouge the shit out of your rail. Whether or not that's been fixed, I wouldn't know.

The GDI Precision rifle mount is on special right now for $350 if you wanna spend a little more.

I've only used the American Defense Recon mount and it works great.

I have a Bobro and love it! Im looking at another scope for another AR & will go with another Bobro. My 2cents

The vortex one piece mount is a vortex branded ADM recon.
Killshit, the LaRue can do that if you dont actually read the directions on how to adjust it and just throw it on your gun. I havent had any problems with marks on my rail with it.

Take a look at GG&G mounts. I just put a NF 5.5-22x56 in a QD dual mount and it matches up perfectly. Its built like a tank and it was $189. American Defense also makes really nice dual mounts.

1. Bobro

1A. ADM; I agree the ADM Mounts are the best mount for the $$$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubergeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin7714</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue SPR is nice </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

+1

I am going to give a hard look at the ADM. Seems they are all within $20 of each other. One thing I noticed is the Bobro has a single throw lever as opposed to two. Anybody see any obvious advantages or disadvantages either way?

Medium or high 30mm rings will work fine on an AR-10 or 15.

Got a set of fold-down BUIS you keep mounted as well? Maybe you need a QR feature.. Warne QR lever mounts are very high quality and relatively inexpensive. Might find some Burris Zee rings with inserts for MOA addition if you'll need any. Likely not necessary with a low-power variable as most have huge amount of elevation and windage leeway.

Not using BUIS or carrying a second scope to swap to your rail?
No need for a QR mount unless you just want to blow the money.
Not like you will need a riser to gain clearance for a 56/60mm objective since you're planning a 1-4x. Using a set of low rings on a riser does enable you to swap scope to other rifles. While you could use a LaRue or GG&G integrated mount on another pic rail, it would be too high for sure.

My ARs have BUIS. I would like the quick release to interchange between rifles and also because I do enjoy shooting irons on occasion. I don't think the price difference between QD and fixed is enough to be considered blowing any money. One AR has a non railed handguard and the extra eye relief these mounts provide is probably a must.