• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mount for AR15 with S&B 3-12

jp67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2006
Into the wild
Hi guys,
What mount do you suggest to mount a S&B 3-12 to an AR15?
Thanks for your help
jp

Gdi makes nice mounts but expensive.

Nightforce unimount is another option.

Can't imagine cheaping out in a mount Fter buying that scope.

$2k+ for an AR15 optic and a spuhr mount is too much money? By the time you buy a Larue mount at $210 you're halfway there and you get a conveniently placed bubble level plus all kinds of places to mount an ACI, mini red dot, light, laser, or a buttplug if you wish.

Badger AR Riser Rail (built in 22 MOA slope). Height of the riser rail is .430" Product # 248-25. Add any quality 34MM Rings that are 1" High, like Badgers Product # 306-14 or Nightforce #A208.

Nightforce also makes a nice one piece 34mm Unimount 1.44" High w/20 MOA slope Product # A257

Badger AR Riser Rail (built in 22 MOA slope). Height of the riser rail is .430" Product # 248-25. Add any quality 34MM Rings that are 1" High, like Badgers Product # 306-14 or Nightforce #A208.

Nightforce also makes a nice one piece 34mm Unimount 1.44" High w/20 MOA slope Product # A257

Did you even read the thread?

Badger makes a 1 piece in 30/34/35MM with built in slope.

Did you even read the thread?

Badger makes a 1 piece in 30/34/35MM with built in slope.

Yes, I read the thread and your suggestion. Since you mentioned it I didn't think it would add value to mention it again. And since the pilgrim is on a budget, just maybe he has a set of 34mm rings of the right height that he can use on a Badger AR riser rail and save himself some money.

But of course once you posted your indisputable infinite wisdom, I guess the rest of us can just STFU, right??

I like the canted riser + ring arrangement too. I used a PRI 20MOA cantilever riser with Seekins rings to mount my 4-16 S&B on a 6XC AR10 and it worked great. With the riser+rings setup you can control your height by selecting your rings and you have more options on fore/aft positioning since the rings can be mounted anywhere on the riser and you don't have to worry about ring spacing limiting your options.

I suggested the ADM because I don't even consider it a quick release. By the time you have the clamps tight enough (for my comfort, at least) they're near impossible to get off by hand. I believe they're every bit as secure as a mount that is torqued on at that point.

Joe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I like Larue and Badger but they will not ship because I am abroad at the moment.
ADM seems to be willing to ship.
Regarding risers, it might work as I already have a set of badger rings but I would rather have a 1 piece canted mount.
Regarding QR: i do not mind.

Last edited:
I like the 34mm badger with 20moa. have the 1.3" one. not to high or low. for me.