• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mount for mini dot sight

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    Hey I have a 30mm scope and want to put a red dot sight(already have the sight) I need to mount it somewhere. I was wondering what everyone else has done or if they have even done it at all? What mounts work and where can I get one?

Re: Scope mount for mini dot sight

GG&G makes a mount that mounts mini rd to 30mm tube. it positions the mini rd where you look between the elevation/windage turrets of your scope. I have this setup on AR and it works pretty good.
    fastfire.jpg

Burris makes a seperate picatinny top for their extreme rings. I have one on one of AR's, but have yet to mount a red dot on it.

Why is it that I can't find a simple 30mm ring attachment that mounts to your scope with a picatinny rail for adding sights?
    Is there anything that attaches to the my rail under the scope that would place a red dot in the right area of view?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that I can't find a simple 30mm ring attachment that mounts to your scope with a picatinny rail for adding sights?
    Is there anything that attaches to the my rail under the scope that would place a red dot in the right area of view? </div></div>

Check this out:
    http://www.valdada.com/product/90dce586-624d-461f-bfbe-d23008ddaae0.aspx

acc%20ring1.jpg

Daniel Defense makes a mount that places the sight at the 1 o'clock position. YOu mount it on the front rail.