• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mount help

chittnp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Olympia, WA
I'm having some difficulty deciding on a scope mount for my Nightforce F1 3.5-15x50. Id like to be able to use it on both my bolt gun and my MA-TEN build. What I am thinking of doing at this point is getting a Spuhr 3601 with 20 MOA, which has a height of 1.18", which is probably ok for my bolt gun, but too low for the MA-TEN. I was considering adding a LaRue Pic Riser to the bottom adding .625", giving me a total of 1.805". Im plannig to use a PRS on the MA-TEN and my bolt gun will be wearing a Manners T4A. Is 1.805" too tall? What do you guys think? Any other options I should consider?

Re: Scope mount help

Fuck Larue. Take a look at what American Defense has to offer.

P.S. – <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">FUCK Larue!</span></span>

American Defense does have a high model with 1.93 or the others are 1.47 but if you need 20MOA built in then I am not sure if the high model will work.
Look at their website ~ they have great measurements of all configurations.
I am getting ready to order the ad-recon-sw for an USO I have coming for my MA TEN.
YMMV

PS killshot ~ did Larue forget your <span style="font-style: italic">dillo-dust </span>or something?
confused.gif

The Spuhr mount I want to buy has 20 MOA buil into it, I'm just wondering if adding a riser to it will make it too high. I'd like to be able to use the same mount on both rifles, so I can swap the scope back and forth.

Get a good set of rings, like Seekins, to hold it on your bolt gun and a 20 MOA riser to put it on the gas gun. That way it sits right on the bolt gun and gas gun. No working ok on one or the other.

Seekins rings that I use on my bolt gun are easily moved to the 22 MOA Badger riser I have on my GAP-10. Seekins is about to come out with a 20 MOA riser as well. The riser and rings will come out to a little over $200 and you won't have to compromise on proper height for either bolt or gas gun.

DSCN0548.jpg

I'm going to have to second what Rob01 is preaching, don't try to do both with one mount, way too high on the bolt rifle.

Go with the Seekins rings and riser combo.

Jason

chittnp

We offers rings to.
1" height for both 30 and 34mm.
230171_10150308712759408_680984407_9796984_4497671_n.jpg

But I would not recomend the switching solution at all.
I would drop the whole multi-combo-super solution and mount that Nightforce to your boltgun and let it stay there.
Use the mount for it that works best for your particular use.
Don't remove it.

Buy another scope for the other rifle and put that into a proper mount.
Of what use is a rifle without a scope?
And how funny is the feeling " how was it now, did I zero the scope last time I switched betwen the guns".....
If you don't have sufficient money at the time beeing, put something cheap on the second gun or put it away until you can.

Håkan