• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope mount/M1A

crazy bay

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2005
Utah
Gents,

I am enquiring on any advice for a scope/scope mount system for my M1A fitted with a Sage EBR. I used to use a SA scope mount but found it was difficult to get a proper cheek weld and proper eye relief, (using an IOR M2) Meaning, my head was to far forward than the stock allows, if that makes sense.

Anyways, I am wanting a new scope mount and scope. So any advice would be appreciated. The only concern I have is that I believe, the scope will have to sit pretty far back in order to get a good cheek weld while maintaining proper eye relief. And because I don't have the access to try on different scopes/mounts, when I do my order I would just like to do it right the first time.

Re: Scope mount/M1A

My M1A is a competition rifle shooting irons-only, but Smith Enterprise & Basset Machine are supposed to be top notch mounts.

crazy bay,

I have the Smith Enterprise scope mount, low mount rings .25" (can still use iron sight in a pinch) and a smith cheek pad with the Leupold MK4 2.5-8x36 MRT scope and I am pretty happy with it. I had the springfield mount and it sat a lot higher. I am sure if you like the Sadlak mount, or some of the other mount you should be able to get a good cheek weld. if you do not get too big of an objective on you scope you should be able to use low mount rings which help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crazy bay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents,

I am enquiring on any advice for a scope/scope mount system for my M1A fitted with a Sage EBR. </div></div>

Look into the SAGE Detachable Cantilevered Sight Base(PN: M14DCSB) from Clyde Armory or the LT-608 from LaRue.

SAGE M14DCSB
Length of usable rail: 6.75"
Weight: 8.8 Oz.

LaRue LT-608
Length of usable rail: 5.75"
Weight: 6.8 Oz.

Here is a LT-608 with SEI rings on a Mod 1 stock.

LT-608c.jpg

This is a Sadlak Airborne scope mount. I went with the Sadlak because if your reciever is out of spec, you can take some measurements with a kit and have the mount machined to fit properly.I can get a good cheek weld with this set up. One issue I had on instalation was the first three rail notches had to be machined flat due to the mount extending past the front of the reciever.

2i7whti.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim1071</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One issue I had on instalation was the first three rail notches had to be machined flat due to the mount extending past the front of the reciever.

</div></div>

The same modification is required to mount an SEI scope mount on a SAGE EBR.

NOTE: SAGE now offers a top rail that is factory machined for the SEI mount.

Here's a vote for the Bassett mount. Holds zero. Returns to zero. Comes with a great self-torquing pocket wrench.

I used the pict. replacement for the stripper clip guide on mine. The way the Sage locks everything in place it works really well. It aint' pretty but it works well. No problems out to 300yds (that's the farthest I've gotten to shoot it so far).

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

I also used the F/A Clip guide mount, works like a charm and no mods needed to the stock or rifle

1000088edited1.jpg

dlc356. Thats a nice rifle, does that have a medium wt barrel on it? I thought about using that setup but I didn't like the fact that for a total dissasembly you'd have to remove the scope. I never trust anything returning to zero until I've verified it. You might try out the ARMS mounts for that set up. I've got em on mine, and had em in Iraq, they are good mounts. Plus they are quick to get on and off, and I guess they do hold a zero pretty well after being removed and put on back on. Just an idea though. By the way if you ever wanted to go to a decent range, theres one up in Langston,AL unless they've closed it. The guy that owns it does classes and shit,but if you ask the right way he might just let you shoot. If you've never heard of Langston it's NE of Guntersville, think Bucks Pocket State Park up in that area. Scottsboro was my old stomping ground.

I use the SADLAK Scope Mount, they offer several options to choose from. These are great products. The 101st Airborne is using them.

The 101st Was the first to get them, Everyone that can get their hands on em is using them. I had one one my rifle in 06-07 and I was in 2ID 2BCT. Never had a problem with it.