• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mount question

Kaveman44

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
So I had a NX8 4x32x50 on my competition rifle and I had to get a sphur 20 MOA mount because I only had about nine mills of travel on my scope left, once I did that I had almost 17mils, anyWho I just purchased the Nightforce 7X35X56 and I’m wondering if I get a 20 MOA Sphur mount for that or does that have plenty of travel? I would like at least the same as before, Thanks Jimmy

So I had a NX8 4x32x50 on my competition rifle and I had to get a sphur 20 MOA mount because I only had about nine mills of travel on my scope left, once I did that I had almost 17mils, anyWho I just purchased the Nightforce 7X35X56 and I’m wondering if I get a 20 MOA Sphur mount for that or does that have plenty of travel? I would like at least the same as before, Thanks Jimmy

Something isn't adding up here...???

I guess the better question should be going forward does my new scope have plenty of travel or have most people added MOA in the mount

I guess the better question should be going forward does my new scope have plenty of travel or have most people added MOA in the mount

I think most who shoots long range, (1000yds or more), uses a 20MOA rail either on their action or with an added rail, regardless of the specific scope. I have a 20moa rail on my action and have no issues with travel with NX8 at all shooting 308.

Generally about 35 moa to 40 moa at 1000 yds, which is about half what just the scope has available without the additional 20moa rail. So, you would be somewhere around 9.5. - 10.5 so mils. (For 308 that is)

There's of course many others here who can get a lot deeper and more specific on this topic than I can.

Reactions: Kaveman44