• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope mount recommendations for Sav MII TR

Toddcal13

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I couldn't find a thread that discussed this. Any TR owners out there with recommendations? What length do I need?

Thanks

Re: Scope mount recommendations for Sav MII TR

I use the egw 20moa base with warne low rings with a 42mm obj. I find the egw base a little on the tall side, and could prob use a 50mm with low rings (maybe a little close).
Make suer you order the right one for the rimfire you have (93, mkii). There is supposed to be a difference, but I can't find it. I have a 93 base on my mkii but it also fits my 93 17hmr, and the mkii is an e receiver and the 93 is not.???
May also want to check out the rimfire technology 25moa base.

I prefer the DIP base which used to be sold thru Rimfire Technologies but he now has his own website. Someone did a review comparing the two (EGW vs DIP) not to long ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer the DIP base which used to be sold thru Rimfire Technologies but he now has his own website. Someone did a review comparing the two (EGW vs DIP) not to long ago. </div></div>

x2. I have one on my 10/22 and its excellent. My savage is next to get one.

The DIP (formerly RimfireTechnologies) Savage bases are pretty good, as are the EGW. Check em both out and see which features you like/price the most. Both are nice mounts. I haven't ever heard of anyone disliking either.

I have a 25MOA rail made by Murphy Precision. I had Cameron make it for my Savage-Anschutz. I sold the Savage Anschutz and kept the rail in hopes that it would work on my new CZ452 Varmint....fits like a glove. Cameron will probly make you whatever you want and it will be a work of art.

I have an EGW rail on mine. Got it off Ebay for I think around $35 shipped. make sure you get one for your right action length!!