• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mount recommendations please

Jcgodfrey

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2013
I just picked up a refurbished (hopefully that's not a sin here) full factory warranty Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21 scope with Horus H59 reticle at our local Bushnell store for $860 today after taxes. I'm putting it on my GAP-10.

I'm looking for scope mounting recommendations! I usually go with the ADM Recon QD mounts and they seem to work great, but should I go with something different on this one? What would you guys recommend? It doesn't necessarily need to be a QD setup.

While I like the super high dollar systems, I'd like to keep whatever I purchase around the $200 or less amount. I'm undecided on whether I should go with typical rings or go with something like the ADM?

Thanks for any input.

Thank you for the reply. I like the cheek weld and eye relief that the ADM Recon mounts give me on my other similar rifles.

Finally am at the point where I won't have any need to share or swap out optics between rifles. This one today should round out everything aside from getting an Aimpoint on one of my AR's. So removal constantly isn't necessary.

I actually just tonight removed my SWFA 5-20x50 from a AD-Recon 20moa QD mount on my P308 due to how high it was. Shooting from the bench it was perfect but was too high and uncomfortable shooting from prone. I went back to the Nightforce UL Ti 30mm 1.125" rings which really gets the scope down making for a much more comfortable position when shooting prone.

A few months ago I replaced my M.R.R. Tactical handguard with the M-rail handguard which has the removable top picatinny rail so you can use lower rings. Without this rail I wouldn't have been able to use my 1.125" rings.

Last edited:
LOL this is true. That being said, I am just curious what others are going with in that price range.

Then get the one you want :) it is about you, nobody else.

Jt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here's pics of the AD-Recon compared to NF UL Ti rings mounted.

I got my Nightforce ultralight unimount that was a demo model (i.e. brand new) for $216. Hard to beat that. Used ones often go for under $200. I've also got an Aadmount I really like, but also a little over your budget if new ($250ish) and harder to find used.