• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope/Mount suggestion for POF 308 20" and M1A 22"

htony1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2005
south carolina
I am looking for a scope that will work on a POF 308 20" piston rifle and a M1A national match rifle. My goal is a scope that has the proper elevation / windage adjustments to shoot up to 1000 yds. The M1A has a smith enterprise mount while the POF 308 has the flatop mount. Right now im looking at either Nightforce or the Leupold MK 4 series. The Nightforce seems to have more adjustment but i know the MK4 is fielded more frequently by the Mil.

I also need suggestions on mounting options for the POF/M1A. I really like Larue QD rings or Badger products but am open to suggestions. Just checking here before I make purchases on a trial and error basis.

thanks in advance.

Re: Scope/Mount suggestion for POF 308 20" and M1A 22"

I own a POF 20" 308 as well - how do ya like it? anyways - my scope (which i am looking to replace) has a 50mm objective with a 30mm tube (horus hawk) and i have the burris signature zee rings extra high. The scope almost sits on the rail - there is barely enough room for the butler flip open.

Someone pointed me to a canadian company ADM mounts - they don't dig into the rail like the larue QD mounts do. I have a larue bipod and if i took it on and off all the time - it would definitely leave a groove under the rail. The only thing i don't like about the burris is that the scope rings slide on the rail rather than attach to it, you know what i mean?

Re: Scope/Mount suggestion for POF 308 20" and M1A

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: htony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking for a scope that will work on a POF 308 20" piston rifle and a M1A national match rifle. My goal is a scope that has the proper elevation / windage adjustments to shoot up to 1000 yds. The M1A has a smith enterprise mount while the POF 308 has the flatop mount. Right now im looking at either Nightforce or the Leupold MK 4 series. The Nightforce seems to have more adjustment but i know the MK4 is fielded more frequently by the Mil.

I also need suggestions on mounting options for the POF/M1A. I really like Larue QD rings or Badger products but am open to suggestions. Just checking here before I make purchases on a trial and error basis.

thanks in advance. </div></div>

For my POF-308 I went with a Nightforce NXS in 3x15 with zero stop and mrad turrets with a Larue LT104 mount. Amazing setup, it was expensive but its rock solid.