• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Mount with 60 MOA

AmbitiousDog

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2022
Colorado
First time poster here, but hoping I can find an answer.

I recently picked up a Barrett MRAD in 300prc. I’m pairing with a Nightforce ATACR 7-35 and wanting to shoot 2k. The Barrett has a built on picatinny rail with 0 cant, so trying to find the best way to get an additional 50-60 moa, via mount or rings, or even another picatinny rail to go on top of the built in rail. Also trying to minimize different points of contact.

This is what I use on my Desert Tech 300 NM for ELR. It’s pricey but I spared no expense on that rig bc I run one scope/mount for several calibers l. With what you’ve already spent on that setup I wouldn’t skimp on the mount, just buy the best you’ll never be disappointed and shooting at 2k+ you want absolute confidence in all your components. Talk to Jason Baney @ Euro.

This is what I use on my Desert Tech 300 NM for ELR. It’s pricey but I spared no expense on that rig bc I run one scope/mount for several calibers l. With what you’ve already spent on that setup I wouldn’t skimp on the mount, just buy the best you’ll never be disappointed and shooting at 2k+ you want absolute confidence in all your components. Talk to Jason Baney @ Euro.
Any repeatability issues with the ERATAC? I looked at those and was leaning towards that, but was concerned about it shifting the zero over time. I haven’t seen one in person, so maybe it’s designed in a way that’s not an issue.

I wouldn’t do that. 50 would be the max possible for that scope at the extreme end of the erector. Scopes function poorly when they’re near their extremes. Seems most 2mi guys use a Wedge rather than trying to wind out their scopes with super steep mounts. @koshkin or @Geno C. can give you better scope and ELR advice.

Look at extreme ELR rigs, and you’ll see a lot gizmos like this for shooting over a mile.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmbitiousDog
I wouldn’t do that. 50 would be the max possible for that scope at the extreme end of the erector. Scopes function poorly when their near their extremes. Seems most 2mi guys use a Wedge rather than trying to wind out their scopes with super steep mounts. @koshkin or @Geno C. can give you better scope and ELR advice.

Look at extreme ELR rigs, and you’ll see a lot gizmos like this for shooting over a mile.

Brilliant.

In reality, how often do you think you’ll be shooting inside of 1000? Most of the time? If that’s the case I’d suggest not getting extreme with your mount cant. If you don’t plan on shooting short, then a 50-60moa cant would be fine. With a 60, you’ll possibly not be able to have a direct hold for a 100yd zero.

We have a 100moa prism for longer stuff and you can stack them if you really need some crazy elevation.

In reality, how often do you think you’ll be shooting inside of 1000? Most of the time? If that’s the case I’d suggest not getting extreme with your mount cant. If you don’t plan on shooting short, then a 50-60moa cant would be fine. With a 60, you’ll possibly not be able to have a direct hold for a 100yd zero.

We have a 100moa prism for longer stuff and you can stack them if you really need some crazy elevation.
Will be shooting 800+ most of the time. I think I’m leaning towards a 40moa mount, then add the NF prism if I need more. I think the scope adjustment +40 should take me out to 2k. Another 100moa with the prism should be more than enough for anything I’ll ever hit.

Reactions: Geno C.
What is this mount used to with the NF prison?

2131855C-9B8B-43CD-A54F-DFC2B05946A5.jpeg

It was from the attached article.

Any repeatability issues with the ERATAC? I looked at those and was leaning towards that, but was concerned about it shifting the zero over time. I haven’t seen one in person, so maybe it’s designed in a way that’s not an issue.
No it has a hex shaped wheel on the mount that it index’s against, been repeatable. Prism is good advice too.

85A768C2-DD2E-40FC-A14B-C31B39A6C655.jpeg

SPUHR 61.8 MOA w a ZEISS LRP S5 with 140 MOA internal travel. Not bottomed out. But remember the mount must be taller and rear of the scope rises up even more with more cant thus making adjustable riser a necessity. Look how tall it sits on that DT HTI.

But, it gets me to 3250 yards at 5000 DA with 50 BMG and 375CT - no prism needed. :)

Reactions: TripleBull