• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Mount

rezmedic54

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2005
AZ
www.maricopashooting.com
Well this is par for Savage I guess. Bought a new Savage Model 116 Long Action should be no prob well all Long action mounts are 3/4 in. to short. The bolt holes for mounting the rail to the receiver from the outside hole to outside hole are 3/4 in to short. So I guess I can get a rail about 12 inches long and drill out the scope holes then just shim up one end to get what ever angle I want what you think or if you know where I can get a rial that fits let me know. Thanks.

Re: Scope Mount

Sounds like a terrifying solution.
That would just result in a bent rail with loads of tension in it.
The rail must of courst fit to the action, also the angle must fit.

The cheapo solution would be to bed the rail to the action on an angle, then you would not get the tension, and the rail would not be bent.

Håkan

3/4 sounds like a short action. I can't imagine anything being off that far by accident.

Unless you've got some mutant action, you're looking at a short action rail. My long action lines up perfectly with the rail I have for it.