• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing scope mounting

jtstretch

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
ElDorado Co,CA
i tried tp do a search and got not what im looking for. is there a write up on how to mount a scope? how to adjust the vertical?

Re: scope mounting

I have level on my Weaver rail of my rifle.
I get the horizontal cross hair sighted on a roof line.
When the two agree, I tighten the scope rings onto the scope.

AGI has a great video on the subject, but if you don't want to buy it, you might be able to rent it through smart flix. It's super easy and cheap, if they have it. They are on the web.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/level

Bore sight after if you like, but you're best shooting it... I have yet to find a "new" scope off paper doing it this way. If you cranked around on the knobs before hand then definitely look down the bore and adjust the reticle first, or get a boresighter. </div></div>

I have followed this method since Lowlight originally put it up and have had nothing but success with it.

Go to home page on Sniper Hide, click on Sniper Hide Articles, click on Scope Leveling Made Easy. Very good, staight to the point info.