• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mounts assistance

Wile_Coyote

None
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2018
    Florida
    www.none.com
    I purchased a new scope to allow me to do some shuffling. This is all on AR platforms, one AR15 and two AR10's. As a result I need another mount. I already have a couple LaRue QD mounts, but never use the QD. That got me looking at other mounts for the new optic with a plan to change them all out at some point. No other reason than I like to try to standardize.

I have a Steiner with a 34mm tube. In this case it will be my 3-12x50 Military Tactical (older one before they split to the M and T lines). I would like to stick with a 20moa base. I've been looking at Spuhr, Aad, Seekins MXM and Geissele.

I've been leaning towards the Aad or Seekins. Either are backordered right now. I like the Aad because it looks well designed and pretty stout. One of my rifles has a lot of Seekins products and they make some nice stuff. As a side note about possibly standardizing the other two are Steiners, another 3-12x50 Military Tactical and an M5Xi 5-25x56.

My question is, anyone with info on either or both of these mounts? I know I have committed a grave sin in doubting, changing or not sticking with LaRue. Apologies up front, didn't mean to offend anyone. I asked this question on a couple other sites and promptly took the hits. Almost as bad as when I said I didn't care for the MBT trigger, you would have thought I kicked some people's dogs.

Any info or advice about these mounts would be and is greatly appreciated.

From your list I choose spuhr.
    After my first one I have been changing all of my other rifle over.
    Integral bubble.
    Absolutely a tank, returns very close to zero when I take t off.
    Been banged around hunting and traveling and never lost zero.

Reactions: Rthur
    I would be curious if any one has any thoughts on the Seekins MXM. I am sure that it is gtg since it is from Seekins. I also am assuming that the Vortex Precision Extended Cantilever mount is a Seekins product?

I would be curious if any one has any thoughts on the Seekins MXM. I am sure that it is gtg since it is from Seekins. I also am assuming that the Vortex Precision Extended Cantilever mount is a Seekins product?
    I'll let you know, I've ordered a Seekins that should be here early next week.

Of the mounts you listed the only one that I have experience with is the Geissele. It is an absolute piece of jewlery and one of the most precise examples of machining I have ever seen. I know the Spuhr has a fantastic reputation but they are just so expensive....
    16735503_10158154818740043_746176278_o.jpg

Steiner makes some really decent rings, with built in level, if you already have the moa base. I would also check out Really Right Stuff. Those are built like tanks as well.

Of the mounts you listed the only one that I have experience with is the Geissele. It is an absolute piece of jewlery and one of the most precise examples of machining I have ever seen. I know the Spuhr has a fantastic reputation but they are just so expensive....View attachment 6879487
    Geissele does some nice work. Seekins does that same type of great machine work. The Grendel I have has a lot of there product in it. Seeing the work from the likes of Geissele and Seekins always amazes me and makes me happy. Having worked in a machine shop and studied engineering the level and quality of work is awesome.

Nice rig you have there.

Reactions: riot1013
    Steiner makes some really decent rings, with built in level, if you already have the moa base. I would also check out Really Right Stuff. Those are built like tanks as well.

I had looked at the Steiners, but want a complete base. Thanks for the suggesting Really Right Stuff. They were not one I had found, but they look really nice. I can see using in a future project or two. Really appreciate the new info and product you provided. I'll be looking into them.

I had looked at the Steiners, but want a complete base. Thanks for the suggesting Really Right Stuff. They were not one I had found, but they look really nice. I can see using in a future project or two. Really appreciate the new info and product you provided. I'll be looking into them.
    I like that they are priced lower than Spuhr. I tried an RRS, but must have measured wrong. They were too high for my build, but very nice otherwise.

Geissele does some nice work. Seekins does that same type of great machine work. The Grendel I have has a lot of there product in it. Seeing the work from the likes of Geissele and Seekins always amazes me and makes me happy. Having worked in a machine shop and studied engineering the level and quality of work is awesome.

Nice rig you have there.
    Thanks!

I have 2 of the Geiselle Super Precision Mounts. One is on a Noveske AR holding my Razor 1-6. The other is on my BCM, holding onto my XTRII 1-8. I literally JUST got them in on Wednesday afternoon. I mounted them up and shot a bit yesterday. I can say 2 things 1) they are spendy. Wow, the things we talk ourselves into. 2) they seem very precise, made well, and I believe they will stand up to ANYTHING. I have not regretted my decision one bit. Both of these rifles are Work guns, and could be called into play as DMR rifles. The Geiselle mounts inspire great confidence, and definitely take out the mount junction as an area of concern.

I have used Larue Mounts, and as a matter of fact, my Razor 1-6 was in a Larue LT111 I believe. The Geiselle appears to be every bit as well made as any Larue Mount. I don’t need QD on my Work guns. I run MagPul Pro offset sights, and Dueck Defense off sets on the other. The QD of the Larue was not a selling point. For me..... your opinion may differ.
    The Geiselle Mount holding my XTRII 1-8 is replacing the second Bobro Mount that broke on me. I have completely lost faith in Bobro for serious work. I know others use them, I know many love them, I’m not one. I may be the odd man out here, but two broken Bobro mounts is enough. One broke at the QD attachment area. The Geiselle isn’t breaking there. I think you’d crush your scope, or destroy an upper before the mount came off.

I have 2 of the Geiselle Super Precision Mounts. One is on a Noveske AR holding my Razor 1-6. The other is on my BCM, holding onto my XTRII 1-8. I literally JUST got them in on Wednesday afternoon. I mounted them up and shot a bit yesterday. I can say 2 things 1) they are spendy. Wow, the things we talk ourselves into. 2) they seem very precise, made well, and I believe they will stand up to ANYTHING. I have not regretted my decision one bit. Both of these rifles are Work guns, and could be called into play as DMR rifles. The Geiselle mounts inspire great confidence, and definitely take out the mount junction as an area of concern.

I have used Larue Mounts, and as a matter of fact, my Razor 1-6 was in a Larue LT111 I believe. The Geiselle appears to be every bit as well made as any Larue Mount. I don’t need QD on my Work guns. I run MagPul Pro offset sights, and Dueck Defense off sets on the other. The QD of the Larue was not a selling point. For me..... your opinion may differ.
    The Geiselle Mount holding my XTRII 1-8 is replacing the second Bobro Mount that broke on me. I have completely lost faith in Bobro for serious work. I know others use them, I know many love them, I’m not one. I may be the odd man out here, but two broken Bobro mounts is enough. One broke at the QD attachment area. The Geiselle isn’t breaking there. I think you’d crush your scope, or destroy an upper before the mount came off.

Can you provide any more info or pics of the Bobro mounts you had trouble with?

Can you provide any more info or pics of the Bobro mounts you had trouble with?

I had one mount holding my Vortex Razor. I was shooting one day and I looked down and 2 of the top screws were gone. Gone as in the bolts snapped and the nuts were gone. I used the exact L wrench that is supplied with the mount to tighten the nuts on the bolts. Bobro is very specific in saying not to over torque their stuff. I thought I was careful. Note though, I didn’t break them during install, but they broke months later, while shooting my 5.56 AR-15. So, ok, I chalked it up to a fluke. Every piece of equipment CAN break, just bad luck. Bobro warranteed the mount, and I thought it should be good to go. Then, about 2 weeks ago, my rifle fell out of my work truck. Long story short, out in the desert, bumpy road, rifle got sideways against the door. Partner opens the door, rifle falls LITERALLY, off the seat of a Ford F-250, and lands SMACK DAB on my top scope cap. Didn’t dent the scope cap, but it knocked the scope off the rifle. I thought that was odd, because it hit dead on top, not on s side load type hit. Well, upon inspection, it snapped the little pot metal lip on the bottom of the scope mount that clamps to the rail and holds the scope on. The piece looks like it’s cast metal, and it is on the opposite side of the locking lever. The whole piece snapped off. Soooo, again, I admit fault, but seriously, if these are supposed to be bad to the bone, combat mounts, SOCOM Special Optics etc, I’d think they could survive a 3 foot fall out of a truck. The Burris XTRII 1-8 didn’t even loose zero, so the fall broke a mount, and the scope wasn’t even damaged. Hmmmmm.

None of this is a slam on Bobro. I know many folks use them, and like them. I used too. I’ve used Larue, ADM, ARC, Spuhr, Badger Ordnance, and now Geiselle. Bobro is the ONLY one that’s broken on me.....twice.