• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Scope not level or ?

greg1147

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Sep 12, 2017
    Virginia
    I did this test the other day at the 100 yd range. Rifle is a RPR in 6.5 CM 147 gr Hornady ELD. I didn't recover the actual target but this a
    drawing of the results I struck the vertical line using a 3' carpenters level. POA was always the and I made 1 mil adjustments after each shot. The spacing between elevation was correct approx. 3.6" but the travel to the left? The travel was about 1 MOA to left between increase in elevation. Is this a scope level issue or windage. Feeling like my dyslexia is kicking or a
    major case of dumbass.

udERRn7l.jpg

Optic is a USO B25 which other wise runs as expected. The range beyond 100 yards is steel plate. I have engaged plates at 300, 400, 500 just not sure where on the plate.
    TIA Greg

Your scope isn’t level, or, you are canting the rifle when you shoot.
    If the shots are consistently farther from your POI, I’m leaning towards the scope being canted in the rings.

Reactions: Baron23
    Your scope isn’t level, or, you are canting the rifle when you shoot.
    If the shots are consistently farther from your POI, I’m leaning towards the scope being canted in the rings.
    My thoughts also, just wasn't sure. I am looking for a level to verify I am holding the scope level and rechecking the actual level/plumb in relationship to the rifle.

Use a plumb line.
    To draw the line and check rifle can't after getting into position.

Something loose?

Bipod problem??

Bad level? Check by flipping it and see if "vertical line" changes

Reactions: Slides
    rRe3Klnl.jpg

Thanks for all the help, little windage adjustment and got it, Windage and elevation are square with the rifle. I added a level to the rail.