• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308garand

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2007
Mesquite, TX
I am looking for a scope to put on my new Savage 10P-SR. The 2 scopes I have been looking at are the Vortex HS-T and the SWFA SS 3-15x42. I am just wondering if there are some other options I might have overlooked. I am looking for the following in a scope:

*4-16ish magnification range
*30mm tube
*Mil/Mil

I would prefer a FFP, but it's not necessarily a deal breaker.

I am also running a 20moa base and Seekins low rings.

Just curious if there is something that fits what I'm looking for that I might have over looked.

*I am also not above buying used, just need to know what to look for.

Last edited:
Weaver Tac 3-15x50 FFP, great little scope and illuminated (if you need that). They go for about $799 at optics planet, and about $600-$650 used.

Optics planet used to have a hide discount of 5% using "thehide" as a code. May still work.

Last edited:
Vortex PST and don't look back. I like the FFP. You can pick a used one up here on the hide for $800. Otherwise, SFP.

I don't have one, but many people praise the Sightron SIII and claim the glass is better than the Vortex PST.

I really like the Sightron SIII. Have two of them. Great bang for the buck. I see them now and again in gently used condition for about $700.

I went ahead and ordered a Vortex PST 6-24x50. I got a really good deal from site sponsor CameralandNY.

What kind of deal did you land on it? Are they still offering it? I just see retail price and a demo. Thanks.