• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scope options for "economical tac" rifle

Frantic_tictoc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2009
ok so here is my project,

Savage 10fp with 24" heavy barrel -.308
once i have significant range time and data (for comparison purposes and break-in) on the factory config. i have a bell and carlson Medalist Varmint/Tactical stock that is currently waiting patiently in my closet.

The only problem is im having and incredible amount of difficulty finding a scope that fits my needs. Any words of wisdom or suggestions on specific scopes i should look into would be greatly appreciated.

These are the things that i am looking for in my scope.

-UNDER $700 (this a and economical build remember)

-max magnification should be higher then 14x

-windage and elevation compensation turrets that are
clearly marked and reliable

-any sort of reticule that can be used for quick range
est. weather that be in milli-radians, cm etc.

-side focus would be nice but an AO is fine as well

Thanks in advance for any information, but please try to keep on subject here
grin.gif

Re: scope options for "economical tac" rifle

Most people would recomend the super sniper series but its a fixed 10x, they just released the variable but I think its only 3x9. Do a search for the falcon menace scopes. They get excellent reviews and the have alot of the features of the big boys for a lot less. Just remember I said features I did not say they were in the same league as the 1K + scopes. If that does not fit your bill.

The Burris line of Scopes get excelent reviews by most.

Agree on the 5-25 Falcon Menace, they are getting pretty good reviews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC_Tanker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Millett TRS-1 </div></div>

i was very interested in the trs-1 and did alot of research only to find out when i called a salesperson that millet was bought out by bushnell last october

Bushnell Elite 4200 or 6500
Falcon
Millett
SS

Falcon or SWFA SS, save the extra dough for ammo and trigger time and eat Ramen while you learn what you really need/want for your application.

Frantic_tictoc,

In keeping with your stated objectives:

Source: Liberty Optics

Fixed IOR 16x42MM $699 (MIL/MOA adjustments)
Variable Bushnell 4200 6-24x50MM Model 42-6245T SFP $579. (Mil/MOA)
Variable Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x42MM Model 65-2164T SFP $609. (MIL/MOA)

Source: Optics Warehouse, UK

Variable Falcon Menace 4.5-14x44MM FFP $321.50 Plus $44.50 Shipping (Estimates based on current Exchange Rates) from the UK. (MIL/MIL or MIL/MOA).

All of the above have MilDot or Mil based reticles. All are 14x or over. All have side focus. All have 30mm tubes. All have repeatable and accurate turrets. All are under $700.

Best of Luck,

Bob