• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Scope power range

Rockymtnshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2017
I am looking at scopes for prs. Is a max power of 20 going to be enough or am I going to find myself wanting a higher end. I am looking at a Vortex razor gen 1 5-20 mainly for what i can get one for and it fits the budget for now....with that said i am also a believer of buy once cry once

20x should be plenty, especially in decent glass like the razor

ive seen guys run into problems running 10-15x scopes on a few stages, but even 15x is fine for 99% of the shooting...like TYL/KYL racks where the targets get down to 1/2 moa and they are hanging in front of a dirt berm, all shot up, and in the shade...guys have complained they couldnt really see the target, just had to aim at the bottom area of the strap

That Razor Gen 1 is a great choice for PRS. At one time, there were tons of guys running these and for a reason. To this day, I probably wouldn't turn down a used one if the price was right.

Yup as mentioned the 5-20x range is fine. The Razor will work well for you. Most shooting is done between 12-15x and the 20x is enough to see any small paper at 100 if needed.