• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scope problem

leadbullet

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
kitsap WA
there are a lot of posting about"my scope is f???" don't know about you but I have 3 super sniper, 2 sightron, 3 IOR, 1 trijicon and have no problem with them and they get shot at least once a month.
anybody else as this situation where there is nothing wrong hapening to their scopes??
please let me know.
cheers

Re: scope problem

I think most of us on here have scopes and other equipment that works the large percentage of the time. Equipment is breakable regardless of who it is made by. Things just take a dump once in and a while. I have never seen the point of coming on here and proclaiming that your scope is busted up and ranting. If there is a legit question, that is one thing, but otherwise, call the manufacturer or dealer, as the case may be, and find out how good your warranty is.

Yeah, I think I should start a thread bitching about how all my gear is working perfectly as intended and how I got no issues with any of it. Sometimes you need to vent, I know how it is.

My stuff works, and I've never sent a scope back due to failure. And now that I said that, stuff will start breaking......

However, I do notice that some folks have scopes that break frequently, sometimes mutiple brand. I think it is a manifestation of the <span style="font-weight: bold">"Pauli Effect"</span>.

<span style="font-style: italic">"The Pauli effect is a term referring to the apparently mysterious anecdotal failure of technical equipment in the presence of certain people. The term was coined using the name of the Austrian theoretical physicist Wolfgang Pauli. The Pauli effect is not to be confused with the Pauli exclusion principle, which is a bona fide physical phenomenon.

Since the 20th century, the work of physics research has been divided between theorists and experimentalists. Only a few physicists, such as Enrico Fermi, have been successful in both roles.

Lacking an aptitude or interest in experimental work, many theorists have earned a reputation for accidentally breaking experimental equipment. Pauli was exceptional in this regard: it was said that he was such a good theorist that any experiments would self-destruct simply because he was in the vicinity. For fear of the Pauli effect, the experimental physicist Otto Stern banned Pauli from his laboratory in Hamburg despite their friendship."</span>

So when a poster talks about having mutiple brands of scopes break, just think "Pauli Effect"......
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My stuff works, and I've never sent a scope back due to failure. And now that I said that, stuff will start breaking......

However, I do notice that some folks have scopes that break frequently, sometimes mutiple brand. I think it is a manifestation of the <span style="font-weight: bold">"Pauli Effect"</span>.

"The Pauli effect ....

So when a poster talks about having mutiple brands of scopes break, just think "Pauli Effect"......
grin.gif
</div></div>

LOL, I guess that would translate to those who spend time theorizing on the keyboard versus putting the lead down range.
smile.gif

Well, I've had good luck with the majority of my scopes including the cheap Tasco's and Simmons I've used. However, I've had a couple that have had problems. I've had a problem in some form with every Leupold I've used. I've had 5 of them and had issues with 3 of them. To be honest, I didn't mount the other two. I've also had 2 Burris scopes that had issues. To be fair the first one I got I bought used off eBay and it came from a pawn shop. Something was wrong with it when I got it and the adjustment knobs for the elevation was binding and really hard to turn. I don't know what was wrong with it, but I chalked it up to being something someone else broke, and it didn't break on me. The next one I bought new and it had a slightly loose eye piece, and a spec of dirt in it. Burris replaced it and the replacement has been perfect. Every other Burris I've had has been great. Really, while I have had problems the large majority of scopes I've had I've had great luck with.

I've also had bad experiences with several of the Remington products I've had, but my experience with other brands has been 95% positive.

I often get people online telling me that Leupolds are great, and that I must be the problem, but I personally feel like if that was the case the rest of the scopes I've used wouldn't have worked great.

So I don't think I have a problem with just having a problem with everything, but it does seem like I don't get along with certain brands.

For the most part scopes will run strong and not have any issue. I have hand my share of scopes go down. You use it, it will break.

Mike @ CST

I've only had problems with a newer production Tasco 6-24X50 Varmint/Tactical scope. Lost zero after 20 rounds. Still usinr a 35 year old 3-9X40 Taco made in Lapan. All my other scopes (NF ,Leupys, Trijicons, Simmons Burris) all workinf fine.