• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Purchase HELP!! MINOX / ZCO / TT

Alpha Incog

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2012
Farmington, New Mexico
About to purchase a new scope. I recently sold a 5-25 PMII DT H59 as the click density / spacing was a little close for my liking. I’ve used Horus H59 / T2 / T3 for several years now and I’m looking for something a bit cleaner.

Considering :
ZP5 Tac 5-25 MR4
ZCO 5-27 MPCT2
TT 5-25 GEN3 XR

Haven’t been able to handle any of these scopes in person so click density / spacing is a concern and how the reticle actually looks in the scope.

MR4 - On paper I like the looks of the I’m a bit Leary of the Minox as some seem to think the turrets aren’t that great and the second rev resistance seems to bother some also.

MPCT2- would likely be my choice aside form the varying patterns up / down on the hash marks.... maybe I’d get used to it but I feel like I’d have to verify what the up / down tick value was based on where I’m at in the reticle? I’m not a fan of the up down theme but again I’ve not been able to use it let alone see it in a scope.

GEN3 XR - Really like the looks of it on paper. Wondering if the dot is a bit too big?

Concerns with each scope :

Minox :
Turrets - Are they more visible and do they have wider click spacing than the S&B DT? Do they feel and sound good?
Is the mag ring stiff enough to need a throw lever?
Warranty length, ability to transfer and repair times.

ZCO : Only concern is the reticle as stated above.

TT :
Is the mag ring stiff enough that you have to use a throw lever?
Repair turnaround time.

This scope will be used on my 6BR / MPA that I use to shoot local NRL/PRS style matches and shoot just for fun or practice.

Any inputs or consideration would be much appreciated!

*** UPDATE ***
Thanks to all of you for your input!
I ending up going with a ZCO 527 MPCT2
Purchased from Richard with CS Tactical!

Last edited:
I have no first hand experience with the reticles from ZCO and TT but I liked the look of the MR4 on paper and I like it even more now that I have it. It is a very clean and easy to read reticle without giving up any functionality.

I have no first hand experience with the reticles from ZCO and TT but I liked the look of the MR4 on paper and I like it even more now that I have it. It is a very clean and easy to read reticle without giving up any functionality.

It certainly looks the best as far as my preference goes!

I am very happy with it, great image quality and reliable mechanics. Maybe a little less tacticle as the other two, but I never had a problem with them so far.

For me the Minox ticks all the boxes and I honestly can not imagine what that the ZCO or Tangent do that much differently to warrant the price difference. (in Europe the ZP5 is €2700 compared to ZCOs €3600 or Tangents €5000) But don't forget this is just my experience/opinion.

I am very happy with it, great image quality and reliable mechanics. Maybe a little less tacticle as the other two, but I never had a problem with them so far.

For me the Minox ticks all the boxes and I honestly can not imagine what that the ZCO or Tangent do that much differently to warrant the price difference. But don't forget this is just my experience/opinion.

I can see where you’re coming from and I largely feel the same about it. Especially at the $2850 US price. Are the clicks easy to see and do they have a decent amount of spacing in between? Is the mag ring stiff or easy enough to turn you don’t need a throw lever? Is the parallax easy to turn and smooth?

The prices are very similar here in the US in dollars.
$2850 Minox, $3600 ZCO and $4700 TT

That Minox seems like a great scope!

Last edited:
The spacing of the clicks is fine (150 clicks per revolution), reading them in a hurry can be tricky due to the engraving but the rest of the controls are smooth.
I use a cheap throw lever (Breakaway Nylon coaster) but not because the mag ring is too stiff just because it is easier to grab. Parallax is also forgiving and smooth to turn. Maybe not Kahles smooth (624i is my only comparison) but I have no issues with the controls.

The ZCO is the only of the 3 I've used. I thought the MPCT2 looked too busy on paper and planned on getting a MPCT1, but when I looked through them I found the tree was pretty clean and the lines quite thin, and I chose the 2 over the MPCT1. I find the ZCO to be super nice, but same is almost certainly true of the others in this class as well.

Up and down tick marks alleviate the need to verify/count.

For example, the gen3xr just has increasing line height. I needed to count/verify every time. Zco has short, tall, tall, short. So I know where I’m at all the time without counting. There’s also the Mpct3 which changes it up a little.

I’ve owned all three in your list. I only run zco now.

For what it's worth, my PMII elevation turret seems more crowed than my ZP5's, even though the actual spacing is close to the same. I prefer the ZP5's turret feel. No experience with the ZCO or TT.

Reactions: Alpha Incog
I don’t own a TT or ZCO, but the Minox works great for me. I love almost everything about it. You can get them for quite a bit less than $2850 if you shop around or find a used one. I think ZCO is a big step up with a bigger jump in price... unless you’re paying list for the Minox, in which case just bite the bullet and go ZCO.

I can’t imagine how you could beat the ZP5 for the $22-2400 you can find them at. The MR4 reticle is great, the parallax is set-and-forget past 300 yards, the turrets track true and feel great, the eyebox is huge and forgiving, overall it’s just a pleasure to use.

There is a pretty significant price disparity between the Minox and ZCO/TT.

Street prices on the Minox are $18-2200
Street prices on the ZCO/TT are $3k+

If you want best of the best and money is of no consideration then pick whichever reticle you like best and go.

If you’re looking at cost/performance value, the Minox is hard to beat.

good choice with the ZCO man! Just got one from MHSA the other day and couldn’t be more impressed with it. Was gonna go TT with the gen 3 xr but after finding out the ZCO deal was extended, went with them.

Really wanted to try the Minox but not feeling comfortable with the Warranty / Repair process. If I got a good one I’m sure I’d be very happy with it. Went with the ZCO 527 MPCT2 from CS Tactical. Richard was AWESOME and answered ever little nit picky question I had lol.
Let us know what you think (I have the ZP5 MR4 and ZCO MPCT2 and friends have the TT Gen 3XR). Honestly I think the center dot on the MR4 and the MPCT series are too small, they just get lost to my aging eyes and I definitely prefer the Gen 3 XR and the FML-TR1 reticles larger center dot, make picking up center really easy. Now that being said I mostly shoot 300 yards and beyond and I hold for wind, so I'm using a hash mark instead of the center dot anyway so in the end it probably doesn't matter, but if I'm shooting 100 or happen to find the one day in the year there is no wind in the Colorado front range the bigger center dot sure makes acquiring center nicer.

Let us know what you think (I have the ZP5 MR4 and ZCO MPCT2 and friends have the TT Gen 3XR). Honestly I think the center dot on the MR4 and the MPCT series are too small, they just get lost to my aging eyes and I definitely prefer the Gen 3 XR and the FML-TR1 reticles larger center dot, make picking up center really easy. Now that being said I mostly shoot 300 yards and beyond and I hold for wind, so I'm using a hash mark instead of the center dot anyway so in the end it probably doesn't matter, but if I'm shooting 100 or happen to find the one day in the year there is no wind in the Colorado front range the bigger center dot sure makes acquiring center nicer.
Don’t make me second guess it lol! I haven’t seen either scope but have had a .05 dot that I thought was about perfect.

Don’t make me second guess it lol! I haven’t seen either scope but have had a .05 dot that I thought was about perfect.
Oh don't worry, 4 years ago the center dot was ideal on the MR4 and SKMR (essentially the same size on the ZCO) but since then my eyes have gotten worse and I've noticed it's become harder to pick up with busy backgrounds. The MPCT reticles are great designs so I'm sure you'll be very happy. Reticle is much more about personal preference and I am very picky ;)

Did you like your old PMii? Have you considered a new one with the updated turrets and newer ret?

Here's a great review discussing the ZCO and Tangent Theta to discuss the minor differences that make them two of the best optics in the world today :)

Did you like your old PMii? Have you considered a new one with the updated turrets and newer ret?
Yes I really enjoyed my PM2 it was an exceptionally nice sample. The click density was my only complaint with the scope. I looked at the new turrets online but have yet to see them in person. They appear to be more legible? Not sure if the turret is larger in diameter however if it is it would help with spacing,

Owning a PM2 5-25 & a ZP5 5-25 I wouldn’t say the click density is really any different. I have no experience with either ZCO & tangent.

Just to clarify, is it the physical click spacing you would like to be larger or do you just have trouble reading the turret legibility wise?

If it was just reading the turret, perhaps something like this might help?

I’ve got decent eyes, don’t need any glasses but I must admit I don’t find it easy reading the turret. ZCO from the pics looks easy to read, but all of the scopes mentioned have around 14mil per rotation. So I’m only guessing that perhaps non of them might cure your problem? The new PMii looks to have the same travel per turn, certainly looks easier to read but would imagine the click density is the same, albeit the clicks are apparently a lot more defined.

I’m not a huge fan of the 13/14 mil per rotation and much prefer the 10 mil per turn. I believe the new March scope that has yet to come out will only have 10 mil per rotation and nicely spaced.... like they used to be!

I prefer the 15mil per rotation of the ZCO....that way I can say I'm still on the first rotation at 1 mile with the 300PRC shooting A-Tips :)

Also...I had to use a magnifier add on for my Viper PST Gen II to read the elevation...but on the ZCO...it is just big enough to where I don't have to....ofcourse I expect my eyes to get worse and I'll be ordering a BugEye soon for the ZCO.

Owning a PM2 5-25 & a ZP5 5-25 I wouldn’t say the click density is really any different. I have no experience with either ZCO & tangent.

Just to clarify, is it the physical click spacing you would like to be larger or do you just have trouble reading the turret legibility wise?

If it was just reading the turret, perhaps something like this might help?

I’ve got decent eyes, don’t need any glasses but I must admit I don’t find it easy reading the turret. ZCO from the pics looks easy to read, but all of the scopes mentioned have around 14mil per rotation. So I’m only guessing that perhaps non of them might cure your problem? The new PMii looks to have the same travel per turn, certainly looks easier to read but would imagine the click density is the same, albeit the clicks are apparently a lot more defined.

I’m not a huge fan of the 13/14 mil per rotation and much prefer the 10 mil per turn. I believe the new March scope that has yet to come out will only have 10 mil per rotation and nicely spaced.... like they used to be!
The combination of the spacing and silver markings both. I also prefer 10 mil per rev. Legibility / spacing on the GEN 2 RZR is the best I’ve seen obviously.