• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope question ( Kind of a poll )

dbltap45acp

Old Fat Guy
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Casper, Wy
I have a SN3 5x25 TPAL being built right now with all the bells and whistles. It will be going on top of my FN SPR A3G rifle. Now, my question to you guys is......

1. Should I keep the USO scope and not shoot much till I can afford ammo.

2. Sell the scope and buy a Night Force for 1,500 and use the extra money for ammo.

3. Sell the USO, buy a Night Force, and buy SOME ammo and a can for the rifle.

So, what is the best thing to do here. What would you do. I sold my last two precision rifles which were both GAP rifles. Both on a McM a5, one was a 308 and the other a 223. This FN SPR is my only long range rifle and I could use the practice more than sweet optic. I am a pistol and carbine guy. Shooting at a 1000 yards is not my strong point. Hopefully that will change soon. I love USO, my last two GAP rifles both had SN3's on them, but with my economic state I wont be able to make any mistakes with this rig. If I screw up and choose wrong, I will be stuck with it.

Re: Scope question ( Kind of a poll )

selling your scope is not going to help your financial issues, take this from someone who has made the mistake of selling his stuff in hard times.. just buckle down keep what you have already paid for and soon enough you will be able to afford some ammo to put down the tube.. just my $.02

Same here, I no way have the coin to buy a GAP rifle or US Optics. But, I sold junk out of my closets and so far it has worked, GAP here hopefully in Aug (come on George) and about to order USO ST10.

I for one want time on the trigger, I want to rely on skill not kit to be a marksman. When I was a guide and outdoor instructor, its what I preached, tools do not make you good buy you make the tools good.

I want ammo, wish I had a million rounds of 308 but its not in my market, cannot find it.

I agree, I wouldnt sell anything, as hard as reloading componets are to get right now you may be able to afford them by the time they become availible, if all else fails sell something that your not using much, like a kidney!

You have a great scope! Fine optics make a difference in target acquisition and accuracy. If your rifle is shooting sub MOA, it is a keeper. Ammo is much less expensive, can be bought is smaller amounts and compiled over time. Ultimately, you know what is best for your situation. Decide your path and hold the course. Good luck and God's speed!
Semper Fidelis

Ok, I will keep the scope and save up for ammo. Its going to be real hard having such a nice setup and not really being able to pull the trigger. Thanks for the advice everyone.