• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Recomendation

Enoch777

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2018
I’m wanting to upgrade my Tikka CTR 6.5 Creedmoor glass. Currently running a Vortex 6x24 HST and it has served me well. I want to take that scope and put it on my Tikka T1X hence the need to upgrade for the CTR. I’m currently looking at the Nightforce SHV MOAR illuminated 5X20 which I’m finding retail $1,345.00 for an average price so that would be my max budget. Also for less money I hear a lot about the Bushnell DMR2. So my question is amongst that price range I’d like to hear what other options or opinions you guys have through that spectrum of price options. Best quality, rugged, dependable glass is what I’m looking for. Thanks!

mY choices of proven optics

Burris 4-20 XTR2
SWFA 5-20
Vortex 5-20 Gen I Razor
Bushnell 3.5-21 H2DMR

Dependable tracking is what you want.

I would pic the one with the retc you like best. I have or have had ea of them and they are all rock solid where it matters and the best avail in that price range IMO.

GL
DT

Bushnell gets my vote. I've run a bunch of them over the years and never had a single issue with tracking or reliability.

Kinda hard to beat this deal below. Just depends on if you like Horus reticle ( I do ).
I qualified with the Bushnell XRS @1000 yards using one of these on my 6.5 Grendel AR. The SWFA 5-20HD is a very solid scope but limited on reticle choice and no zero stop if that is a consideration. I’ve run mine through the ringer hunting Aoudad in the Texas hill country. It’s a very tough scope. I also have an Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27 mounted on my 22LR that I wouldn’t hesitate to use at the ranges you listed. Those are the three in your price range that I have experience with.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019633469

Last edited:
Been pretty happy with my 5-25 vortex PST gen II with the EBR FFP, my 22LR has its 15x little brother, both have been great. I should mention I don’t really beat my gear up, so I’m not the best for what can take tons of abuse.

Been pretty happy with my 5-25 vortex PST gen II with the EBR FFP, my 22LR has its 15x little brother, both have been great. I should mention I don’t really beat my gear up, so I’m not the best for what can take tons of abuse.
Same, but I also haven’t tried other FFP scopes.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys I appreciate it! I ended up taking some common advice on here and spent a few more bucks. I went with the Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5x27x56 EBR-7C Mil/Mil from Scot at Liberty Optics. I couldn’t pass on the deal he has right now. Just a short wait for delivery and I’m pretty sure I’ll be set up good now from what I’ve heard about this scope on here!

Reactions: bgavin and Secant
Good choice. I'm sure happy with mine (bought it here in the PX). I think it's the best deal for that level of scope.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys I appreciate it! I ended up taking some common advice on here and spent a few more bucks. I went with the Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5x27x56 EBR-7C Mil/Mil from Scot at Liberty Optics. I couldn’t pass on the deal he has right now. Just a short wait for delivery and I’m pretty sure I’ll be set up good now from what I’ve heard about this scope on here!
Good choice.

I have one from him and about to order another.