• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope recommendation for 280ai

xRangerx

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Looking to get a scope for a 280ai hunting/target rifle I’ve got coming. Ranges for ~1000 or so on targets and steel. I’m wanting 25x minimum on the high end. I’ve been looking at the Leupold mark 5hd 5-25, NX8 4-32, and the ATACR 5-25 SFP with the MOAR-t reticle (FFP isn’t a necessity). The ATACR SFP is at the top of my price point and less wouldn’t be a bad thing, but if that’s the best route that’s an option. Im eligible for mail/Le discounts from both NF and Leupold if that helps sway anything. I don’t think there is really a bad choice, was just wondering what the masses suggested

Reactions: CSTactical
Looking to get a scope for a 280ai hunting/target rifle I’ve got coming. Ranges for ~1000 or so on targets and steel. I’m wanting 25x minimum on the high end. I’ve been looking at the Leupold mark 5hd 5-25, NX8 4-32, and the ATACR 5-25 SFP with the MOAR-t reticle (FFP isn’t a necessity). The ATACR SFP is at the top of my price point and less wouldn’t be a bad thing, but if that’s the best route that’s an option. Im eligible for mail/Le discounts from both NF and Leupold if that helps sway anything. I don’t think there is really a bad choice, was just wondering what the masses suggested

I have one ATACR 5-25 SFP with the MOAR-t reticle in stock and can do LE pricing for you, give us a call at 916-670-1103 :)

The nx8 is cconsiderably lighter than the atacr.

If your main focus was hunting I would go with the nx8, if target/bench shooting I would choose the atacr.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Specs on the rifle? Weight without optics?