• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope recommendation for AR-10

ScopeJedi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2019
  • What is the platform for the scope? AR-10 rifle
  • What cartridge are you shooting? 7.62x51
  • What is your intended use for the scope? Target shooting
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Daylight
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? 300-600 yards
  • What is the price range you can afford? Under $500
Recommendations?

I've been testing a new optic from Bushnell that would fit the bill for you, OP. The official unveiling is this Friday, and I'll be posting full specs at that time.

SWFA fixed power scope would be the most reliable scope you could buy for less than $500 and comes in well under your price point.
6x, 10x, 12x

6x would be about perfect if you will use it other than just target shooting. If not then the 10 or 12 would be fine.

Last edited:
Under $500?
- Vortex Strike Eagle
- Leupold Mk4 1-5 w/SPR reticle
- Primary Arms 1-6
- Burris

Increase budget to $1000?
- Vortex Razor 1-6
- Leupold Mk4 MRT 2.5-8 or LRT 3.5-10
- Vortex Viper 2.5-10 or 3-15
- Nightforce NSX 1-4
- Burris XTR 1-5

Come into sizable money unexpectedly?
- Nightforce NX8 1-8 or ATACR 1-8 or 4-16x42
- SB short dot 1-8

Edit: whatever you purchase at sub $500 price point, it’s going to be very difficult to get even decent amount of your funds back when you go to sell and upgrade. So would consider buying used (ie from the PX) with the depreciation already cycled out so you can recoup when you do want to step up another level or two

Also consider the size of the targets you will be engaging at the distances you will shoot at most often. LPVs are great for a battle rifle that occasionally has to make a precision shot at 500-600. Beyond 500 most of the time? go with higher magnification

Last edited:
I've been testing a new optic from Bushnell that would fit the bill for you, OP. The official unveiling is this Friday, and I'll be posting full specs at that time.

I look forward to seeing it.

Quite a few folks have been recommending the Vortex Diamondback. Even Richard recommended on his site: https://scopesfield.com/best-scope-for-ar-10-rifles/

I'm probably going to opt-in for the Diamondback, but I'll wait till tomorrow to see Bushnell's new optic. (The Steiner 4-16 is way outta my budget, haha). Thanks again guys for the recommendations.

I look forward to seeing it.

Quite a few folks have been recommending the Vortex Diamondback. Even Richard recommended on his site: https://scopesfield.com/best-scope-for-ar-10-rifles/

I'm probably going to opt-in for the Diamondback, but I'll wait till tomorrow to see Bushnell's new optic. (The Steiner 4-16 is way outta my budget, haha). Thanks again guys for the recommendations.

The new one is a nice step up from the Diamondback.