• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope recommendations- Bergara 300WM

Cknight207

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2017
Nixa, MO
Hey Guys,

I am looking for a scope for a Bergara Pro 300WM. This setup will be used for 1,000yds shooting and elk hunting. I would like to have low-light visibility and a good warranty.

Price Range: $2,000-$4,000
Adjustments: MOA
Reticle: MOA- FFP
Illuminated- Prefered
Magnifications: 5-25 (give or take)
Brand: Open to suggestions
Currently own: Vortex PST Gen II 5-25 FFP

Thank you for your help!

Steiner T6Xi 5-30x56
All T6Xi models include a throw lever for rapid magnification changes, even while wearing gloves, and feature a diopter locking ring to prevent inadvertent movement once the reticle is focused on the user's eye. The T6Xi riflescope series is made in the U.S.A. and offers, the ultimate in precision, ruggedness, and versatility.

Features:
  • 6x Zoom Range
  • Locking windage and elevation turrets
  • Low-profile never-lost turrets
  • Second rotation indicator
  • Locking diopter ring
  • Optional throw lever
  • Tenebraex cover
  • Illumination - 4 night / 7 day levels
  • Waterproof / Fogproof / Shockproof

Steiner T6Xi 5-30x56
All T6Xi models include a throw lever for rapid magnification changes, even while wearing gloves, and feature a diopter locking ring to prevent inadvertent movement once the reticle is focused on the user's eye. The T6Xi riflescope series is made in the U.S.A. and offers, the ultimate in precision, ruggedness, and versatility.

Features:
  • 6x Zoom Range
  • Locking windage and elevation turrets
  • Low-profile never-lost turrets
  • Second rotation indicator
  • Locking diopter ring
  • Optional throw lever
  • Tenebraex cover
  • Illumination - 4 night / 7 day levels
  • Waterproof / Fogproof / Shockproof
That’s a great looking scope but I don’t see it in a MOA configuration.

Sorry, missed the MOA.

Sightron SIII PLR 6-24x50 - Zero Stop - FFP - Illuminated
  • Precision Tactical Turrets with internal zero stop
  • 11 position off/on side mounted illumination dial
  • Zact-7 Revcoat Plustm Multi-coating for superior light transmission
  • Exclusive ExacTrack Windage and Elevation adjustment system
  • Illuminated First Focal Plane Reticle design
  • Lifetime Warranty
The SIII PLR 6-24x50 Zero-Stop FFP rifle scope features a new internal zero-stop mechanism and a First Focal Plane illuminated reticle. Designed for long range target shooting and hunting, the scope provides 29 MILS of windage and elevation with .1 Mil tactical knobs. The windage and elevation knobs have 10 MILS per revolution. The 30mm body tube is waterproof, shockproof and nitrogen charged. Minimum focus is 20 meters.

The PLR (Precision Long Range) Series is designed to provide premium performance in an affordable package. All models sport a black satin finish with high visibility markings to quickly identify your scopes settings. The large oversized tactical knobs are easy to adjust in any weather conditions and are resettable to zero. The new internal zero-stop mechanism provides a tactile and audible positive stop for dead-on zero setting. Windage knob is marked for left and right so there is no second guessing when making adjustments.

For superior performance, Sightron created a new Zact-7 Revcoat Plustm lens coating for a increased light transmission and improved clarity. Sightron’s patented ExacTrack Windage and Elevation system is standard on all models. All reticles in this series are illuminated with a side mounted 11 position off/on rotary type dial which uses the CR2032 Battery. The side mounted focus system has been redesigned for improved minimum focus performance.

NX8 4-32

Mine sits in ARC rings, has taken a beating (wrecked trail bike with it strapped to my pack, I landed on a boulder and the pack/rifle took the initial impact), maintained zero, and they aren’t too heavy if your counting ounces for a hunting set up.

Also, fuck ebikes on single track trails…. Luckily I had good equipment to make up for my dumbass

Sorry, missed the MOA.

Sightron SIII PLR 6-24x50 - Zero Stop - FFP - Illuminated
  • Precision Tactical Turrets with internal zero stop
  • 11 position off/on side mounted illumination dial
  • Zact-7 Revcoat Plustm Multi-coating for superior light transmission
  • Exclusive ExacTrack Windage and Elevation adjustment system
  • Illuminated First Focal Plane Reticle design
  • Lifetime Warranty
The SIII PLR 6-24x50 Zero-Stop FFP rifle scope features a new internal zero-stop mechanism and a First Focal Plane illuminated reticle. Designed for long range target shooting and hunting, the scope provides 29 MILS of windage and elevation with .1 Mil tactical knobs. The windage and elevation knobs have 10 MILS per revolution. The 30mm body tube is waterproof, shockproof and nitrogen charged. Minimum focus is 20 meters.

The PLR (Precision Long Range) Series is designed to provide premium performance in an affordable package. All models sport a black satin finish with high visibility markings to quickly identify your scopes settings. The large oversized tactical knobs are easy to adjust in any weather conditions and are resettable to zero. The new internal zero-stop mechanism provides a tactile and audible positive stop for dead-on zero setting. Windage knob is marked for left and right so there is no second guessing when making adjustments.

For superior performance, Sightron created a new Zact-7 Revcoat Plustm lens coating for a increased light transmission and improved clarity. Sightron’s patented ExacTrack Windage and Elevation system is standard on all models. All reticles in this series are illuminated with a side mounted 11 position off/on rotary type dial which uses the CR2032 Battery. The side mounted focus system has been redesigned for improved minimum focus performance.
Sightron is not a company I’m familiar with but I have heard of them. I will take a look at that optic. Thank you.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
NX8 4-32

Mine sits in ARC rings, has taken a beating (wrecked trail bike with it strapped to my pack, I landed on a boulder and the pack/rifle took the initial impact), maintained zero, and they aren’t too heavy if your counting ounces for a hunting set up.

Also, fuck ebikes on single track trails…. Luckily I had good equipment to make up for my dumbass
I have considered the NX8 but I was concerned about durability. Your comment reassures me it’s a solid scope.

Reactions: clark33
If your budget goes to $4k, as you said, look at Zero Compromise 5-27.
Looks like the optic comes in MIL but you can get a MOA reticle. I don’t see anything about getting the turrets in MOA. Do you know if I can get it all in MOA?

Looks like the optic comes in MIL but you can get a MOA reticle. I don’t see anything about getting the turrets in MOA. Do you know if I can get it all in MOA?

No mixed turrets... MRAD reticles get MRAD turrets with the MOA reticle geting MOA turrets. I have them here and can verify :)

ZC527 in MOA in stock! https://cstactical.com/zco-5-27x50-zc527-riflescope/

255942268_900321403951497_5834078521194944011_n.jpg

255360589_899288257388145_4993120236580993266_n.jpg

IMG-3970.JPG

Last edited:
Can you tell me the Zero Compromise scope warranty?
From ZCO's site:

"In the highly unlikely event that a problem occurs with your ZCO riflescope, we offer a transferable lifetime warranty that covers mechanical and optical defects due to materials or workmanship under normal use for the life of the riflescope."

Read the details here:

Reactions: Cknight207
From ZCO's site:

"In the highly unlikely event that a problem occurs with your ZCO riflescope, we offer a transferable lifetime warranty that covers mechanical and optical defects due to materials or workmanship under normal use for the life of the riflescope."

Read the details here:

Thank you, I had a brain fart and thought CStactical was the manufacturer site.

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a scope for a Bergara Pro 300WM. This setup will be used for 1,000yds shooting and elk hunting. I would like to have low-light visibility and a good warranty.

Illuminated- Prefered

Thank you for your help!
Not sure if you managed to decide what to buy but the March FX wide angle high master with super ED lenses 4.5-28x52 is on clearance at several places for at least $1000 off and is what I would personally recommend based on your budget. It's on sale for under $2500. Once you experienced a real tier 1 scope with huge wide angle eyebox you won't want to settle for anything less except another March FX wide angle with super ED lenses or maybe an $1800 Burris XTR PRO with similar huge wide angle eyebox it's like looking at an unbelievably huge wide screen TV up close. Other than those, $2000 Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 almost as huge eyebox but not quite or better yet the Sightron SVIII 5-40x56 for $2200 comparable to tier 1 glass and better than the Razor Gen 3.

Not sure if you managed to decide what to buy but the March FX wide angle high master with super ED lenses 4.5-28x52 is on clearance at several places for at least $1000 off and is what I would personally recommend based on your budget. It's on sale for under $2500. Once you experienced a real tier 1 scope with huge wide angle eyebox you won't want to settle for anything less except another March FX wide angle with super ED lenses or maybe an $1800 Burris XTR PRO with similar huge wide angle eyebox it's like looking at an unbelievably huge wide screen TV up close. Other than those, $2000 Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 almost as huge eyebox but not quite or better yet the Sightron SVIII 5-40x56 for $2200 comparable to tier 1 glass and better than the Razor Gen 3.
No to derail this thread, but would you mind disclosing where the March FX 4.5-28x52 is on sale?

Hey Guys,

Illuminated- Prefered

Thank you for your help!
Don't know if you bought a scope already, I'd assume you have since this was 4 months ago. But if you haven't, give the folks at EuroOptic a call, and if you're former military or LEO, they can get you better price than MSRP. 👍🏼