• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope removal question...

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Hey all,
    Going to swap triggers in my Vudoo and want to pop the scope off first for safetys sake. It is riding in a Sphur mount so my question is simple. Can I just undo the pic rail mounting screws or should I actually remove the scope from the rings? Seems like with a Sphur (built like a brick shithouse) option one should be fine but I guess I am thinking about stresses generated from the base moving about abit after everything is torqued (base to pic rail tension). Yes, I'm an idiot for asking but ask I will!

If the scope mount screws will allow removal of the mount without touching the scope mount why would you remove the scope first?
    He’s just concerned taking the tension off the cross bolts will add stress to the scope tube. He’s overthinking the situation. We’ve all be there. He’s just reassuring himself

Maybe a ZCO 😋

• Haha
    Reactions: nikonNUT
    He’s just concerned taking the tension off the cross bolts will add stress to the scope tube. He’s overthinking the situation. We’ve all be there. He’s just reassuring himself

Maybe a ZCO 😋
    ZCO indeed! :LOL:. Just double checking as I could fuck up an anvil with a rubber hammer!

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: hafejd30