• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scope Reticle and Adjustment

Ghostcoyote

Minuteman
Feb 26, 2010
Ohio
I am sure I will probably get blasted for this but here it goes.
Why? after all the years of scope manufacturing would a company offer reticles in mils and adjustments in moa or a scope with a moa reticle and adjustment in .10 mils. I don't need extra math lessons. Simple and straight forward. Mil/mil or moa/moa. Match it up and make everyone happy. I would like to add I am not one of the goofy optics bashers. Just can not get over this mental hurdle. It seems most, if not all european manufactures of fine optics have always matched their systems hunting or tactical. This shouldn't be an extra it should be automatic. Or is my logic not sound?

Re: Scope Reticle and Adjustment

to get you to buy there expensive crap through frustration ? ... the guy that makes a decent optic matching reticle/turrets for a good price will make bank.

I would say the vast majority of civilian users probably do not care too much about their reticle matching their turrets.

It easy enough on tactical type turrets, but there are still a lot of scopes out there with the old school unscrew and turn the dial type turrets.

You will find that most people on these forums go that extra mile to learn about their investments, hobby, career etc. We are the ones that care a lot.

But I do agree with what you are saying. Guidance should be built into logic in these circumstances.

It would be like us Aussies selling cars to Americans (we do, the Monaro is a good example) and having the speedo set to KM when drivers will be reading in Miles.

Because, most shooters want a mildot reticle (tacicool), but are used to click moving their zero in inches...just the way it is, and the market responds.

Researching is in my nature and buying is thus influenced toward the best match for the dollar spent. In my 35 years of shooting couldn't understand why so many lag behind in this end of the optic industry. Of course USO and Mr. Holland are there to put things together but in the custom end of things so to speak.