• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes "Scope reticle free agency"

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey guys thought this would be kind of fun. With the NFL free agency kicking off, and TB12 leaving the Pats, I thought to myself what if reticles could"move to different scopes.
    What would be your dream combo?

Mine would probably be a ZCO or TT with the Mil-XT.

If i could put a SKMR1 or 3 in the S&B 5-20US i owned, I would be in heaven. Hands down my favorite reticle and scope that I have personal experience with.

Edit: Just realized I bought that S&B off of you. I miss it every day.

If i could put a SKMR1 or 3 in the S&B 5-20US i owned, I would be in heaven. Hands down my favorite reticle and scope that I have personal experience with.

Edit: Just realized I bought that S&B off of you. I miss it every day.

oh man haha glad you liked it. I do wish the US series had better reticles, but the ZCO 420 is really good.

Mine is a bit complicated.

SWFA made a 3-15 SFP that had an awesome version of their Mil-Quad in it...mainly because of the floating center dot.

SS315X42MQ2_NoSubtensions.jpg

I'd like to take that reticle, thicken it up a bit and stick it on the FFP version of the same scope. Maybe add an illuminated center and some wind hold xmas tree dots at the bottom....but otherwise that would be my free agency move.

I think if SWFA did this and added a zero stop they'd sell like crazy.

I guess I've got my wish??? S&B PM2 5-25/H59, But we always want better, right???

I'd consider a TT Gen3XR except the scope doesn't focus close, preferably 10Y.

I would like to see the TT Gen 3XR in every long range scope and not have to pay $4k+ to get it ;)

The March FML-TR1 is also growing on me (I prefer simplistic tree reticles)

I echo what Guns&WhiteWater mentions above, I love my ZP5's with MR4, that has been my favorite combo to date but I wish the MR4 were a bit thicker, hence my Gen 3XR comments above.

Reactions: canezach
    I'm a fan of the DEV-L, and would love to have it in something like the Weaver 3-15 Tactical. Oh, and if I could get the G2H in a Bushy 4.5-18 LRTSi, that'd be swell, too... ;)

Read: I REALLY wish that Bushnell was still making the LRHSi

NXS 2.5-20x42 with a MILC for a lightweight hunting optic, or a Kahles 318i with either the MILC or MILXT for a not as light hunting optic.

Hensoldt 4-16x56 with CCW locking turrets and MSR reticle. That would kick ass!!

A Hensoldt 3.5-26x56 with CCW turrets and MSR reticle and, heres the kicker, a 34mm main tube. Would also not suck!

Mine is a bit complicated.

SWFA made a 3-15 SFP that had an awesome version of their Mil-Quad in it...mainly because of the floating center dot.

View attachment 7275813

I'd like to take that reticle, thicken it up a bit and stick it on the FFP version of the same scope. Maybe add an illuminated center and some wind hold xmas tree dots at the bottom....but otherwise that would be my free agency move.

I think if SWFA did this and added a zero stop they'd sell like crazy.
    Yes!! I love my 3-15. Maybe just a version of the mil quad that had a ultra clean "xmas tree" nothing cluttered. Illuminated of course

Reactions: shanejohnson2002
    Yes!! I love my 3-15. Maybe just a version of the mil quad that had a ultra clean "xmas tree" nothing cluttered. Illuminated of course

That's basically what I was thinking. Nothing more fancy than a triangular grid of dots at .5 mils, the same size as the center dot.

I actually own 2 of the SFP models just because I love this reticle so much. Also because I find myself using either 3x for hunting, or 15x (which is where the reticle is true) for long range shooting....and nothing in between. I just wish it had an illuminated center dot to use with a clip-on at 3x.