• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Reticle Pictures

Earnhardt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2018
Is there a thread in this forum (or anywhere on the internet) that is dedicated to just scope reticle pictures? I've looked...no dice...
I mean actual pictures of the scope's reticle imposed on a target...not an illustrated reticle we see on a manufacturer's website.

I know almost all scope manufacturers have illustatred pictures of the what their scope's reticles look like, along with MOA/MRAD reticle sizing. But for me, seeing the actual scope reticle seals the deal alot faster, when it comes to purchasing the scope.

The reticle picture could be that of the scope focused on a target, or a tree/object in the distance, to show clarity and how the reticle is superimposed on the object.

I personally like seeing the actual reticle before buying the scope. And I would think scope manufacters would post reticle pics on their websites...especially if it could/would enhance sales of their scopes?

There is a channel on YouTube that does a good job of showing video footage of CERTAIN brands of scopes and their reticles.
It shows the scope being zoomed in and out, on a target.
But I don't know if I can post links to the YouTube channel, without getting myself in trouble on this forum...
Not knowing if that channel is an advertiser here, or not...

This is how I take my reticle pics.

I hold the gun between the knees while sitting in a recliner.
I hold my smartphone with both hands and rest my elbows on my legs.
I then bring the phone's camera up to the lens slowly, until the reticle comes into focus
If you place a white sheet of paper on the floor (where the reticle is pointing at), the white paper creates a contrast for the black reticle to stand out against.
I then zoom in on the picture, and take a screen shot with the phone.

Please feel free to add your reticle pictures on this thread

Thanks

Last edited:
Trijicon 5-50x MRAD

Screenshot_20190215-200928_Gallery.jpg

Burris XTR II 8-40x MOA reticle

20190211_195841.jpg

Zoomed in with a screen shot

Screenshot_20190216-122456_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: