• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope ring calculator is UP..

Glen Seekins

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2004
lewiston, ID
www.seekinsprecision.com
Everyone always asks so here we go..

20 MOA base is assumed - Seekins height (very close to Badger, nightforce and the like so your safe to use those base heights too)

Butler creek caps are assumed

It doesn't have everything under the sun, but i can easily add more and we will as we setup more scopes and combinations. This is just the start, eventually we will have everything under the sun on here for you to see. Please don't email us and let us know we are missing something. its under development

No more silly math for you
smile.gif

SP scope ring calculator

Re: Scope ring calculator is UP..

Good job Glen. Will make life easier for people. Even if the scope isn't one listed as long as the tube size, barrel and objective size are close then it should work fine.

As always you are the man!!

All the combos that I have that are listed checked out. Nice work and thanks man.

This should be a great help. Thanks

Thanks for the effort. This should be stickied in lieu of the one that's there now.

Thanks guys.

If you have a 50mm scope and a 30mm tube you can use any of the scopes in the list with the same tube/objective, it doesn't matter. Also, if your barrel is smaller than a PSS, sendero, Remington varmint contour then just use the sorter one. Sometimes you can get away with Lows where i have mediums listed, but you would dang near have to sand the butler creek caps to make them work. Just a FYI.

We have been using a excel file just like this for some time to set you up when you call so its the advice i type about 10x's per day. It should work
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good job Glen. Will make life easier for people. Even if the scope isn't one listed as long as the tube size, barrel and objective size are close then it should work fine. </div></div>

make this a Sticky !!

It should definitely be a sticky.

Might save one new thread a week.

You can't help some folks though, you'll always have the ones that don't read shit before posting questions.

It's already linked in the ring height thread that is a sticky.

Thanks Glen! I am running your rings on both my bolt guns, love the gear. See you at SHOT. Mark

I have a Nightforce on a Surgeon 591 with a MTU (Bartlien) contour and I went with Seekins low rings. There is barely a mm of space between the 50 mm objective and barrel-I got lucky.

What about 34mm? Its there, you just have to select a scope with a 34mm tube. If its a USO, then use the same height as 35mm would use. Same with anything else. If you have a scope with a 50mm objective and 30mm tube thats not listed just select one that is. They are all close enough the answer will be correct. You can also use a 34mm or 35mm tube with a selected objective size and the ring height will be the same.

The calculator is designed to use bases that are like ours, badgers, nightforce and everyone else s that makes a removable base approximately the same height. Surgeon 591 or any other action that has the base machined in you are going to have to figure out how high that base is. From experience, the 591 uses 1 size higher rings than a R700 would use. If you have a 50mm objective or larger go with one height higher than the calculator shows you. 40mm's always use lows no matter what (other than an AR platform)

I will put a few notes above it to help every way we can.

Do you mean like an AR? or a bolt rifle in a chassis of some kind? For the AR we make 1.26 and 1.45" rings. Both will fit and its just personal preference on how you need your cheek weld to be.

If its a chassis system on a bolt rifle you will need rings that are 1/2 the diameter of your objective. Most likely we wont have this as a selection on the calculator as there are too many variables.

Nice job, Glen...seems I'm going to have to sell off those 30 mm lows though and get some mediums to go with my Surgeon build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you mean like an AR? or a bolt rifle in a chassis of some kind? For the AR we make 1.26 and 1.45" rings. Both will fit and its just personal preference on how you need your cheek weld to be.

If its a chassis system on a bolt rifle you will need rings that are 1/2 the diameter of your objective. Most likely we wont have this as a selection on the calculator as there are too many variables. </div></div>
I mean any rifle with a single long rail stretching from the rear of the reciever to the front of the handguard. This includes, amongst others, some models of ARs, the FN SCAR, HK SL8 (some models), DSR-1, DTA SRS, etc.

Problem with this is that you can't move the bell of the scope forwards of the rail to clear it.