• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Ring Height for AICS. HELP!!!!

pcweidman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
www.facebook.com
SH,

I am running some old night force rings I had lying around for my new AICS 300wm people saw the pics of it on the hide and told me my scope was high. It feels good to me. However, I might as well put a new mount or rings on it to round out all the newness. I measured from the center line of my scope or at the crosshair to the bore line and its measuring 2.5 inches. Is that too high and what height are you guys with AICS using?

Thanks!

C

Re: Scope Ring Height for AICS. HELP!!!!

Just saw the pics, that thing is up there! If it were my gun I would try some low NF rings( assuming 50mm objective ).
The aics is very adjustable so you could probably shoot just fine with the high rings if that floats your boat.

I have used TPS lows for all my 50mm scopes with enough clearance for scope caps.

I'm currently running Vortex 0.96" rings on a rifle with an AICS, and this is about as low as I'd go (I've got a fairly small face, and have the cheek riser adjusted up just a touch). If I recall correctly, the scope-bore centerline distance is right around 2.0" with this setup.

I dont want to get into an eye relief of neck discomfort problem if I go too low. That is my resistance to going to low rings. I wonder if I should just go medium? These damn rings are quite the investment. I dont wanna go cheap obviously so picking a ring is quite the decision to me.

Any other AICS owners suggestions are very welcomed.

Thanks,

C

You've got an adjustable cheek on the AICS so getting it "low" isn't all that critical. You will likely be able to get comfortable. I have heard of guys getting it too low and the cheek wouldn't go low enough for them.

Exactly Tyler I dont wanna get so low that the makeup of the rifle in conjuction with my face makes it unergonomic to look through the optic. Then eye relief and comfort com into play and could hinder accuracy.

C

I've played around with ring height on three AICS-equipped rifles and have settled on 1.225" as being perfect for my face. This is for a 30mm scope body. Generally, something in the 1.05 - 1.25" seems to work well on the AICS depending on how you face is shaped.

ETA: All my AICS units have either been the 1.5 or 2.0.

I started with low 30mm Seekins on mine. Had plenty of clearance for 50mm Nightforce but felt it was a bit low for the AICS. Went to high Seekins and it seems much more comfortable. My cheek piece is still in the lowest position.