• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Ring Height question (Mk12-ish w/ offset dot)

StevethePirate

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
NOVA
I just picked up a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 for my Mk12 inspired gun and looking for the right rings. This may not be 100% clone correct, but I'd like the option to add an offset red dot on a Larue or other mount from time to time, and want to make sure the scope is mounted high enough for the mount to fit.

I know the .885 rings from NF will fit the scope, but does anyone know if that allows enough room for an offset mount to be added under the scope tube between the rings? It's all going on a PRI SPR rail. Thanks!

You'll probably want something in the 1.125" neighborhood like the NF UL A104's, I'd imagine that'd give you enough room underneath to fit most offset mounts.
I agree with TM.

I have the 1.125" NF rings on a MK12 Mod H with a 1-8 ATACR and have decent clearance under the scope.

Reactions: StevethePirate