• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Scope rings and QD scope mount question

lkluemper00

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2017
Mayfield, ky
Looking for a good QD mount for my vortex razor hd gen 2. Was wanting to put it on a long range ar10 or scar 17 at this time.
Whats A good set of rings without breaking the bank?
Do I need elevation already for scope rings? His much if so?
Cantaliver mount?

Just looking for good setup for what rifles it will be going on. Thanks

You want QD mounts to hold the heaviest scope made?? OK, but remember that the whole purpose of QD mounts was tool-less access to your BUIS in a combat situations. If you don't have BUIS or the need to change out your scope in extremis in the field you probably don't really need QD mounts at all.

Quality Non-QD mounts and a good torque wrench work well and return to zero. Cantilevered mounts is always a good idea whenever action and fore-end are not one piece.....

For Quality non-QD mounts: Badger Ordnance, Nightforce, ARC, Aadland, Suphr, et al. None of which are particularly cheap but you are trying to hold $2k+ worth of scope that weighs nearly 3 lbs, so choose accordingly.....

I have my gen 2 razor in the new QD 34mm spuhr 1.5" high on my MRAD and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it anyone and everyone. I might buy a second one((30mm) Vortex PST gen2) for my short action calibers so I don't have to change my zero all the time.

You could also check out Nightforce lightweight Uni mounts if you need added MOA or their rings. Vortex's rings(Seekins) are a usually recommend around here, along with Badger.

I have my gen 2 razor in an era-tac QD mount. Rock solid and works great.

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

You probably don't need a cantilever mount as the rail on a large frame AR will let you get the scope plenty far forward. That said I do use a cantilever mount as I move the scope between small and large frame ARs.

I use a 20 MOA mount on my ARs. There is no downside and you'll have it if you ever want to reach out further.

I like my American Defense Manufacturing mounts. They literally have every possible option (cant, offset, ring size, ring style, height...) for every application. The have a solid QD system that allows me to swap optics between rifles quickly without a torque wrench. Never had an issue even with the heavy Razor Gen II.

Here is a quick video:
https://youtu.be/lPy2oOfV9zQ