• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scope rings needed

viav13

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Montcalm Co. MI
Well i finally got my first GAP and my USO ready to go. Now i just need something to bring them together.

Im looking for a good set of scope rings.

I've got a set of NF and they seem to be fine one my one rifle. Also own a set of Leupold mark 4 rings and there on my 308. They seem to be of good quality, although i haven't really got to put them through the ringers yet.

I've noticed that there are a good number of high end scope ring makers out there now. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with some of them and can give me a good lead on where i can purchase them?

Are any of the unconventional rings (USO for instance) worth giving a thought about?

I've looked at the Barretts but I'm not willing to jump right in on them either. Does anyone own a set of their "zero gap" rings and can comment about them?

Are the high dollar rings really worth it? I'm a believer in you get what you pay for, and I'm definitely a "cry now" kind of guy, but should I go and buy something new or stick to what i know?

Re: scope rings needed

I have Badger, TPS and Near and all are GTG.

If weight will be a problem, then the Near rings are too heavy.

Seekins. I have gotten to a point that if he makes rings that work for my aplication, thats what I run.

I have also never had a problem with Badgers.

I guess maybe im over thinking this a bit.

There are plenty of good solid rings out there and price doesnt really have much to do with it.

Badger, Nightforce, & Seekins. Have them all and they are all perfect. The seekins are a little fatter if you like that look. The Badger NF are skinnier but have an exposed nut for clamping to the rail. Your choice.

You don't need to worry too much with the top makers. You have to be a little more discerning if you try to go cheap though.

If you need 30mm, let me know. I have a perfect, set of USMC 1" Badgers sitting right here. Got them posted in the WTT/WTB section. Just glassed my GAP up with a PH 5x25. Also have Seekins 34mm, slightly used.

Got the seekins as a kick-in when I bought the PR. The 30mm BO's came with the GAP, brand spanken new. Want the BO USMC 34mm's to complete my set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins. I have gotten to a point that if he makes rings that work for my aplication, thats what I run.

I have also never had a problem with Badgers. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...why didn't you go with the USO rings...???... </div></div>

A lot has to do with the fact that i didn't know what size rings I would need. I was going to get everything first then decide what i needed based off that info.

Plus im not sold on the base adjustment they make. I wanted to get some info from others who had used them to see if its what i need.