• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Rings with MOA

Simply as the title stats. Looking for scope rings with moa built in. Did some searching the web and came up with nothing. It’s for a 22LR
Burris zee rings? Got that plastic you put inside can build up to 20 moa?

As above, Burris Signature rings are what you want. Several inserts which will give you up to 40 MoA.

If the manufacturer of your rifle drilled the rail holes in the receiver out of line with the bore axis, like Remington did with my 700, then you can also use the Burris rings to correct windage on top of adding elevation.

Reactions: Nathan11B
With independent rings there is a good chance that they wouldnt line up in line to each other, thats why the burris use rubber in their signature line to fudge that bit of not in line-ness.

1629122037857.png

Thats also why people used to lap rings, the machining wasnt up to snuff to ensure that they would be in line.
1629122293289.png

They are now able to machine they perfectly in line with each other along with and everything that the rings are installed on top of scope rails and actions etc. But put cant into them and you introduce the same issues again when not placed exactly in the right spot. So they make em flat. With a one piece mount they guarantee that you cant change where the rings are placed with respect to the other.

Last edited:
With independent rings there is a good chance that they wouldnt line up in line to each other, thats why the burris use rubber in their signature line to fudge that bit of not in line-ness.

View attachment 7685704

Thats also why people used to lap rings, the machining wasnt up to snuff to ensure that they would be in line.
View attachment 7685705

They are now able to machine they perfectly in line with each other along with and everything that the rings are installed on top of scope rails and actions etc. But put cant into them and you introduce the same issues again when not placed exactly in the right spot. So they make em flat. With a one piece mount they guarantee that you cant change where the rings are placed with respect to the other.
Just a heads up on alignment bars that end in points…this never occurred to me, I’m not an engineer, but they are completely useless. Should be removed from the marketplace for false advertising. (I’m not suggesting you recommend them, this is more of a PSA).

Here are some bars that actually can align rings:

1629131100437.jpeg

1629131125189.jpeg

They are patented and made by a one man shop by the name of Kokopelli (story about them). I own them, haven’t used them, bought them before I learned that high quality rings and rails basically negate alignment bars for slobs like me. And I’m lazy. But at least in theory they should work, unlike the pointed versions.

Why are pointed alignment bars useless? Just think about it. I did, came up with nothing (ha!), then I read this:

“Take two ordinary pencils. With one pencil in each hand, hold them parallel with the pointed (lead) tips touching. Now simply move the outboard end of each pencil, while keeping the tips touching. You can see instantly that the tips can touch even if the pencils are way out of alignment. The same thing can be true of [ed. – pointed] scope alignment bars.”

BOOM! 🤯 💡

^ that’s my mind blowing up, maybe it’s not yours

Last edited:
The inserts in the Burris rings serve two functions.
They feel hard, but obviously will be softer than the steel of your rings or aluminium of your scope tube. They provide a good mating surface to take out any manufacturing tolerances in your rings, rail or scope tube.
The next thing is, that they will tilt your scope, perhaps by a half a degree. They aren't tapered rings, so the scope tube will be at an angle inside the ring. The inserts being softer than the ring and your scope tube, take this out.

Simply as the title stats. Looking for scope rings with moa built in. Did some searching the web and came up with nothing. It’s for a 22LR
There’s also strange airgun rings that have crazy alignment options to correct for massive drop and barrel “droop”. Haven’t used them. Probably fine for 22 LR. I think you mount the scope in both rings, move the scope to whatever angle you want, and then lock it down. I think.

Just a heads up on alignment bars that end in points…this never occurred to me, I’m not an engineer, but they are completely useless. Should be removed from the marketplace for false advertising.

Here are some bars that actually can align rings:

View attachment 7685780
View attachment 7685784

They are made by a one man shop by the name of Kokopelli (story about them). I own them, haven’t used them, bought them before I learned that high quality rings and rails basically negate alignment bars for slobs like me. And I’m lazy. But at least in theory they should work, unlike the pointed versions.

Why are pointed alignment bars useless? Just think about it. I did, came up with nothing, until I read this:

“Take two ordinary pencils. With one pencil in each hand, hold them parallel with the pointed (lead) tips touching. Now simply move the outboard end of each pencil, while keeping the tips touching. You can see instantly that the tips can touch even if the pencils are way out of alignment. The same thing can be true of [ed. – pointed] scope alignment bars.”

BOOM! 🤯 💡

^ that’s my mind blowing up, maybe it’s not yours
It was just the first google result to try and serve as an illustration on how they wouldn’t be in line. Yours are much better.

Reactions: carbonbased
This is the gun in question. It’s a 77/22 LR not really designed for long distance like the customs today but it’s what I have to work with. It has a base that adapts to the custom Ruger rings but with that it eliminates a lot of elevation in the scope. Would it make sense for it to be drilled and tapped for a MOA scope mount?

Attachments

• 6F1FE531-9FE7-41AC-B5E2-E8FCDA966DA7.jpeg
    6F1FE531-9FE7-41AC-B5E2-E8FCDA966DA7.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 6E18CE86-A092-44AE-8279-74D9A8DC8AA6.jpeg
    6E18CE86-A092-44AE-8279-74D9A8DC8AA6.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 32