• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Scope rings

djkost

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2011
minnesota
Not sure if this question belong here but here goes anyway. I have seen guys show their rifles on the net and some have 4 rings mounted on the base to hold the scope. My question is, is this better then just 2 good rings on the base to hold the scope? If so where do you buy the rings?

Re: Scope rings

Near manufacturing makes a base ring combo like that. That's probably what you saw. i think it gives people piece of mind but if it were truly better every single top BR shooter out there would be running their stuff that way. I'm not knocking it just saying no it's not necessary.

I always wondered why guys though they needed the big ass 6 screw rings on a 308 , one guy told me it was to keep the scope "on" in case he dropped it.
Im thinking if you abused/neglected your weapon bad enough that it needed rings thT stout that the scope would be long dead.

I use aluminum Seekens rings and feel that are not close to being the weak link

God forbid you drop your rifle and nock those rings off:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9G2dhAYcVY4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9G2dhAYcVY4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God forbid you drop your rifle and nock those rings off:
</div></div>

Thats a damn impressive series of test and areal testiment to the quality of your product!!

I knew US Optics scope were tough , but holy shit !!