• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SouthLynchesAccuracy

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2020
Lake City SC
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what hight rings I need run on my rifle. I currently have a Remington 700 SA with a MidWest Industries picatinny rail that I'm trying to mount my Vortex Viper HD LHT 4.5-22×50 to it. My issues are coming with trying to find the right size rings and I'm not trying to buy all 3 size rings for it, I currently have a set of Vortex Pro Series High Rings that I used on an AR build a few years back that's just been collecting dust now but I fear they're too tall for my application. If anyone has any experience with this please chime in and let me know.

Thank you!

ARC has a method of stacking pennies to figure out the height you need. I highly recommend their M Brace Rings or One piece mount.

Stack pennies is the usual methods.

The high rings may be perfect depending on your chassis. I've found that anything shorter than 1.25 is too short with most of my setups

50mm go about .92" for height. Go up from there if you wanted it a little higher.