• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Selection Advice Needed - NightForce

bnagy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2020
I’m looking for some glass for my AR-10. I’ve put a lot of custom work into this rifle with all high dollar parts and I am looking to use it for hunting. Typical shot is 200yds, but I want to take this to the mountains and have the ability to reach out there a bit, 650+yds. I am looking at the NF NX8 4-32 and the NF ATACR 7-35. If possible, I would like to get a custom turret built based on the ballistics of whatever round best fits to make quick adjustments in the field. With that being said, which of the 2 would you select? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks fellas.

Reactions: simonp and 338dude
I’m a huge atacr fan. I know members here who really like NX8 as well. Keep in mind the 7-35 is a tank. Personally If I went atacr for a hunting AR10 for mountains I’d look at a atacr 4-16 X 42. I don’t know if NF does BDC turrets. I haven’t seen one personally. I think the NX8 will be very capable with a bit of a weight savings. If you want the higher mag optic

I have NF ATACR 4-20 and 7-35. Also had the 4-16X42. The 4-16 would be my gas gun optic if I went that route for hunting