• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing scope, stock, mount compatibility

skog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
Rhodes, MI
Getting ready to put together a gun for a buddy. Want to make sure everything works before dropping dime on parts. Rem 700 308 22" barrel that has a slip over suppressor about 8" back from crown. AICS 2.0, McCann MIRS mount, zeiss 6-24X72 and AN/PVS-27. Will the AICS cheek piece go up high enough to provide a good cheek weld for the optics? Will I have any problems with the MIRS mount and the AICS stock? Will the stock be short enough to get the suppressor on with hitting the stock? What is the measurement for the front of the action to the end of the stock? This way I will know for sure. Any ideas on what could make this better or other options I should look at. We have the gun and both scopes already just the mount and the stock are up in the air.

thanks
skog

Re: scope, stock, mount compatibility

the cheekpiece should go up high enough to accomadate that, but its going to be a mighty weird neck position. the supressor will not fit, it will go into the barrel channel and i dont think the barrel channel will allow that kind of clearance, the McCann rail should fit fine.

I heard AI is no longer importing the 2.0 so I need recommendation. pref a side folder. any other imput on this project is apprecated.

skog

you should be able to get a 2.0 frome either Stacey @ AINA or Randy at Mile High, or Adam Bauer. You might want to check with them, if the 2.0 is a no go, you might try the McCree stock. But with the any of the AICS you arent going to be able to run that supressor.