• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope tape/wrap

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
I'm looking for scope tape/wrap that isn't camo.

Pastel, fluorescent, etc.

Any links or tips on where to get some would be appreciated.

rock tape, or horse wrap like they used on their feet

019FFEFF-5502-493B-9149-4CA0DC7B4758.jpeg

GunSkins https://www.gunskins.com/ has several (admittedly camo) products that are very bright.

If not exposed to too much weather, etc simple cohesive wrap (medical wrap) more or less only sticks to itself, mostly available in very bright colors, can get single rolls at the drug store.

Or just get vinyl sheet. Many gun wraps are just vinyl, and some are cut-yourself, so no different really. Ebay is good for things like this, industrial items in consumer quantities. E.g. but you'll have to find your color, sheen, etc:

Awesome, thank you all!

Seriously, I'd use the Hello Kitty wrap if it was free and worked for the purpose.

I'm not manly enough for camo.

@gebhardt02

hand made in Montana

Reactions: DubfromGA
I could never get vet tape to work very well

Gaffer tape on the other hand works great

View attachment 8033657

Late to this party I know, but just a heads up from someone who uses gaffer's tape professionaly, it leaves a very hard to remove, very sticky residue if left on for long. It's also so strong it will remove the surface coating from many things, although not hard coatings like on scopes (or tripod legs). Many studios forbid its use on floors or walls, and utility crews HATE the sticky residue it leaves on cables, especially outdoors in hot weather.

Reactions: BurtG
Late to this party I know, but just a heads up from someone who uses gaffer's tape professionaly, it leaves a very hard to remove, very sticky residue if left on for long. It's also so strong it will remove the surface coating from many things, although not hard coatings like on scopes (or tripod legs). Many studios forbid its use on floors or walls, and utility crews HATE the sticky residue it leaves on cables, especially outdoors in hot weather.
+1 as someone who used it for many years professionally for both audio & video

As someone who uses 3M Vet Wrap every day at work, it will do what you want. It adheres to itself and not the underlying substrate-no residue. A couple of tricks that might help, stretch the Vet Wrap a little before wrapping, over laying 100% first time around, then 50% coverage and rub the surfaces together. It won’t last forever but cheap and easy to reapply.