• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope tracking contraption thingy.

Looks good! How heavy is it? If it's on the lighter side might want to strap it down. Some turrets are stiff enough my light one would shift slightly before I added weight to it.

It's about 25 lbs, probably a little more. It's made of 2"x4" x 1/8" wall steel rectangular tube.

Sitting on a steel table, it takes 32 inch pounds of torque at the center of the picatinny rail to move the fixture. Sitting on concrete or wood should require significantly more. The feet of the adjusters are sharpened to 60° points.

Last edited:
Cool, should be plenty. Everyone should check their optics on one of these devices.

Reactions: ken226
That looks a hell of a lot better than the one I made. Mine is nothing more that a rail attached to a 2x4 that is screwed to a chunk of 3/4 plywood. A shim here and a shim there, then c-clamped to a shooting bench top. Damn crude, but it works.

I have an old Eaton Leonard three legged base that I made into a shooting rest.
Weighs around 30 lbs.
The plate that I attached has room to mount a picatinny rail and the feet also have the points sharpened into them.

I'll text you a pic here in a little while.