• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope tracking fixture

armydog

Staff Sargeant Ret.
Minuteman
  • Nov 26, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Just wanted to show the scope tracking fixture I made. I have about 30 bucks into it and it works fine.
    Anyone else make one they want to show?

Attachments

• 15397795254671295499856.jpg
      15397795254671295499856.jpg
      369.4 KB · Views: 251
    Reactions: spife7980
    Dog, let me be the first to complement you on a very nice and well organized shop.

Might I suggest that you calculate another price at which you would be willing to sell these units.

Reactions: armydog
    Didn't make to sell, just wanted to show what I made and see if anyone had a better idea or and criticism of the fixture.

Reactions: diverdon
    Just milled the cross slots, got the blank from Brownells

Last edited:
    Didn't make to sell, just wanted to show what I made and see if anyone had a better idea or and criticism of the fixture.

I posted my first post as kind of a back door way to point out that the value of your time and labor is much more than the $30 worth of materials.

That looks like a nice fixture. I made something like that out of wood several years ago that basically does the job, but yours looks more solid. Thanks for sharing. -- Todd

ScopeTestFixture1.jpg

Last edited:
    I've been looking into making these for sale. Milled components, will be a lot more than $30, but nice. We sell scope bundles with levers/levels installed and it would be good for that and testing!
    Most of the material was from the scrap bin at work, feet I got on line for 10 bucks, rail I got from Brownells and milled the cross slots in it. I'm just lucky I work in a nice shop that allows us to do little government projects like this. I could have done a nicer job but figured why. It's a tool not art work.

What’s it weigh? It’s got to be heavy enough not to move when operating turrets. Or at least clamped down somehow once you dial it in.

I've been looking into making these for sale. Milled components, will be a lot more than $30, but nice. We sell scope bundles with levers/levels installed and it would be good for that and testing!

I support this 100%

Most of the material was from the scrap bin at work, feet I got on line for 10 bucks, rail I got from Brownells and milled the cross slots in it. I'm just lucky I work in a nice shop that allows us to do little government projects like this. I could have done a nicer job but figured why. It's a tool not art work.
    Looks like ART to me!

What’s it weigh? It’s got to be heavy enough not to move when operating turrets. Or at least clamped down somehow once you dial it in.
    It go 24.2 pounds, the rubber feet keep it in place and heavy enough that it doesn't move around.

Just wanted to show the scope tracking fixture I made. I have about 30 bucks into it and it works fine.
    Anyone else make one they want to show?

If you decide to sell some, I’ll be one of your first customers. Let me know!

It go 24.2 pounds, the rubber feet keep it in place and heavy enough that it doesn't move around.

Right on. As long as it doesn’t move. Looks like a great design.

I tried a few different methods and in the end I came back from circle to using killswitch’s design with the I beam for weight. Probably didn’t need 80 lbs but it’s what was available at the time and that sucker does not move at all...