• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Scope Turrets usable with thermal clip on? Hogster C or Beast

amk

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2003
minnesota
haven’t read anything to say they will be usable. Anyone know? Looking at Hogster C.

Yes, the entire thinking behind any clip-on, thermal or otherwise, is that it does not interfere with normal day scope operation. You will continue to use your scope turrets as you normally would.

Reactions: amk
Thanks. I figured that I’ve heard the clip on still needs zero’d, so I wasn’t sure if the scopes turret adjustments would “throw off” the zero or stay basically the same as without the thermal.
i was hoping it is just like my PVS30.

Thanks. I figured that I’ve heard the clip on still needs zero’d, so I wasn’t sure if the scopes turret adjustments would “throw off” the zero or stay basically the same as without the thermal.
i was hoping it is just like my PVS30.

So... all things being equal, a true “clip-on” SHOULd behave just like your 30. Unfortunately, many of them do not, and there is some POI shift, forcing you to keep track of your settings. This is definitely more prevalent in thermals.

Last edited:
Reactions: amk
I did contact Bering and ask how this is done with the Hogster C. You would need have various zeroes that correspond with your turret values. So you can't just zero it at 100 and expect when you move x number of clicks on your day scope, that you will hit exactly where it would if the thermal clip on was not attached. You would have to save a 2nd zero for that many clicks, or use hold over vs turret adjustments.

Bering also mentioned the Bering Optics D950 Night Vision does not require readjustment if you are looking for more adjustment options via scope turret.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHorta