• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope with adequate elevation adjustment

hatidua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
-looking for a scope for a 10/22 build and I'd like to find one with a lot of elevation adjustment. I have Leupold Mark-4 16x scopes on my other .22's (140moa of elevation adjustment) but can't go that distance this time (economically). I'd like to find something ideally under $500 with enough adjustment (on a 20moa rail) to get me to 400 yards with subsonic ammo (WMT).

I think the SS10x42 might do the trick but any other suggestions would be most appreciated.

Re: Scope with adequate elevation adjustment

Burris Zee rings with inserts can get you another 40 MOA

I've had a SS 10x on my .22 for 3 years and will get out to 350 yards easily.

I used Burris inserts and my Leupold Var-XIII 3.5-10x to get close at 50 yards than zeroed. That left enough elevation to get to 275 yards if nothing changed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ba_50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had a SS 10x on my .22 for 3 years and will get out to 350 yards easily.

</div></div>

I used to have an SS10x42M (should not have sold it), but is there any link that gives all the specs for those scopes, such as available elevation adjustment? All I can find online is an old article when they were still called Tasco that lists 120moa as what the 10x42 has but changes certainly could have been made under the new owners. I'd be curious what the specs are on the SS 16x as well...