• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope zero issue. Please help

adb77

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2014
Goshen, Ar
Ok, here’s a quick rundown of my issue. Just got rifle back from smith for rebarrel. Placed exact same scope/mount back on rifle. This is Schmidt and Bender PMII single turn turrets in Spuhr mount 0 cant. Rifle impacted 7 mils left on first shots of barrel break in. Dialed turret over and tried to reset turret to zero still impacted left. I have now run out of travel and have to hold 2 mils to hit bullseye. No issue setting elevation turret. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Does the S&B have a limit on the windage turret? If so try "zeroing" the windage turret and then see if you have some more movement available.

After thinking about it a little more, 7 mils is a lot of difference. Did the rail get re-installed? Is the mating surfaces on rail and Spuhr mount clean so that the mount is solidly against the rail?

Yeah this sounds more like the issue ^ if you have a spare rifle you can throw the pm2 in check to make sure, but you’ll pretty much be wasting your time, it’s going to be fine. The rifle on the other hands needs to go back and get fixed, or find a new smith..

Does the S&B have a limit on the windage turret? If so try "zeroing" the windage turret and then see if you have some more movement available.

After thinking about it a little more, 7 mils is a lot of difference. Did the rail get re-installed? Is the mating surfaces on rail and Spuhr mount clean so that the mount is solidly against the rail?
I’ve double checked everything on the mount /rail I checked torque on the rail but didn’t pull it off. I agree 7 mils seems like a lot to be off.

Stock or chassis? Ive installed a barreled action into a chassis hastily before and had similar windage issues. Remove the barrled action and reseat.

Reactions: adb77
are you 100% certain the mount went on straight? I have seen someone else stuggle with this once so it's worth checking

Yeah, this isn't the optic... Highly, highly doubtable that the Spuhr is the problem either. You have a rail that isn't in line with the bore unfortunately.

The action is bighorn with their 20 MOA rail. I am going to take this off and double check it.