• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope

Lukas42

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2023
St. Louis, MO
I want try to scope my Colt Ar with carry handle. It has the bull barrel. I have this mount fron brownell that fits into the hole in the handle. I haven’t mounted anything yet but thinking of trying out and older Burris 4 x 10 that sitting around. I’m just not sure if this set up will hold together long enough to site in and play out to 400 yds. What y’all think? Don’t tell my to buy a new anything. This is just putting together parts that I rarely use and would like pointers from those that have tried this

If it was me, this is how I'd approach it:

1. Use blue loctite on the carry handle mounting screw.
2. I'd use some blue loctite on the rings too where they mount to the rail.
3. A reticle wasn't mentioned for the Burris so I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a duplex. You also didn't mention what ammo you'd be using so I'll say some flavor of modern 55gr FMJ ammo. With that set up in mind, if you zero at 50 yards then 0-300 is basically a dead on hold and 400 yards is holding top of the head.
4. It may help to pad the stock some with some foam and duct tape so it's more of a cheek weld compared to a chin weld.

400 yards is doable with the set up you're wanting to put together as long as the scope is still functional and the rings aren't trashed.

Reactions: mtrmn and msgriff
👆
That's about the most helpful, on topic, friendly, comprehensive answer you're likely to get here. Anything beyond that is likely to be gear purchase recommendations.

Well, first thing you want to do if you want to mount a scope to your setup, is get a bubble level, couple tubes of JB Weld, about 6 inches of picitiny rail, and your favorite hacksaw. Now... Stay with me to the end......

If it was me, this is how I'd approach it:

1. Use blue loctite on the carry handle mounting screw.
2. I'd use some blue loctite on the rings too where they mount to the rail.
3. A reticle wasn't mentioned for the Burris so I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a duplex. You also didn't mention what ammo you'd be using so I'll say some flavor of modern 55gr FMJ ammo. With that set up in mind, if you zero at 50 yards then 0-300 is basically a dead on hold and 400 yards is holding top of the head.
4. It may help to pad the stock some with some foam and duct tape so it's more of a cheek weld compared to a chin weld.

400 yards is doable with the set up you're wanting to put together as long as the scope is still functional and the rings aren't trashed.
Thank you

This works very well on my Bushmaster BAR10 with fixed carry handle.
100_4207.JPG