• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Waterdogs

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
Idaho
cottonwoodretrievers.com
I am new to the forum. I thought I would pick some of you more experienced guys brains. I just bought a new rifle Remington Sendero SF II in 25-06. What scope would you guys recommend. This gun is going to be a hunting rifle everything out west. What about bases and rings. I am leaning toward a Leupold but not sure which one for this gun. Again I am looking for good advice or info. Thanks

Re: Scope?

Seriously you need to do some research on what exactly you want. Focal plane, reticle type, size, weight, turret style, and on and on and on......

Another big one is budget. You have guys on this site with $3k S&Bs on their rimfires. How far are you willing to go?

Read the "Optics Selection" thread that is a sticky at the top of the Optics Forum. That will give you some food for thought.

Vortex Viper PST second focal plane 4-16 X 50 if your eyes are good. Same scope in 6-24 X 50 if your eyes are not as good.

Viper PST 4-16 x 50 works perfect for me out to 1000yds. I had a 20x scope and very shot at 20x I was always on 14 or 16x. Just my crappy opinion.

countersniper 3-65X31mm auto illuminating 3rd focal plane, underneath focus, mil/cm reticle nickel plated

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">countersniper 3-65X31mm auto illuminating 3rd focal plane, underneath focus, mil/cm reticle nickel plated </div></div>

You forgot the new push button fleshlight feature...

You have to let us know what you want to spend as well as what you will be doing with the rifle most of the time. The cost will make a difference in brands and the primary use will make a lot of difference in the lowest power for a variable scope. The upper end of the variable depends on your eyesight and the target. For upper end a lot of people will tell you that you never need more than 10X. With my eyes and age, I always need more than 10X for a long shot. Give us the information we love to give our opinions (and they will all be different).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">countersniper 3-65X31mm auto illuminating 3rd focal plane, underneath focus, mil/cm reticle nickel plated </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">You forgot the new push button fleshlight feature</span>... </div></div>

Do not buy this version. I did and haven't left the house in 3 weeks
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

I do a lot of hunting in NM, everything from wide open country to timber and have pretty much settled on 4.5-14 variable power scopes. For hunting purposes and reasonable range shots, they fit the ticket well. Most have good eye relief and FOV. I've tried 6-20 power scopes and they're not practical for me. Leupold vx3 are great for the mid to upper cost range (depending on your budget). I've had a Burris FFII on my number one hunting rig for about eight years now and have smoked deer, antelope, elk, and oryx from less than 50yds to over 400yrds with no problem. Also consider BDC reticles, I've gotten very used to using them. I usually keep the power very low when still hunting because you never know when something might pop up close, if the critter is farther, I have time to crank up the power. Good luck!

under a grand. I will be hunting with this rifle but would like to extend my shooting range a bit. My other scopes on hunting rifles are only 3-9 x40. My eyesight is not what it use to be I would like to be able to shoot solid at 300 -600 yds. My new rifle is the Remington Sendero 25-06. I have been talking to a few marines I trained as dog handlers and they are both long distance shooters. I have been thinking about the Leupold varix3 4.5-14x50. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. What bases and rings are going to be the best for this scope?